Re: When "IT" happens (what ever IT may be)
Originally Posted by ShawnDow
I see everyone agrees on a "to go" bag of some sort... food, liquids, First Aide, cloths, and that sort... has anyone thought of dice? Sounds silly, but even in chaos, you need a bit of sanity.. (I watch too much Les Shroud "Survivor Man" and Baer Grilles.).. but a form of "entertainment" will be necessary to keep you calm and your mind sharp. I figure everyone has room for 5 dice.. yahtzee any one?
Any way.. back to the BOB/Go bags.. Ive been getting to the point that Im keeping my Hunting bag (that has a-lot of what the BOB/Go bags have) (less my firearms) in my truck at all times. I work 20 miles from my home... and in the event that "IT" happens and I'm at work.. I want a running chance to grab my hunting sack and make my 4 hour walk (assuming EMP) or 30 minuet drive back home. I wont have to worry about the "City-ots" rampaging, I live in the sticks of MI. I just need to make my journey home.
I don't have a BOB. I live out in the sticks, and I ain't going nowhere! But, like you, I do have a get home bag. It's a med sized back pack, with things I think I might need to make a 25 mile walk back to the house. Fire starting equipment, water treatment tablets, water bottle (empty), rope, extra ammo, first aid kit, chemical lights, and some other things I might need.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.