Re: Who carries a full size 1911?
Originally Posted by 45silverback
Hello all, Just joined. I stumbled onto this forum while researching some reload data. Looks like a nice diverse (firearms speaking) forum. I hope to contribute as much as I can and learn a bunch from you gents.
As to the OP's question. I carry a Combat Commander pretty much all the time with no problems. I have carried my full size and really didn't see any difference in comfort, I just like the Colt better, and I shoot the Commander length better.
I usually carry IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck on a Beltman belt. The key to it is a good belt and holster. If it's cold out and I'm going to be staying in my coat I'll go OWB in a Bianchi Carry lock, Mod 82 I think. A decent holster that you don't have to take out a loan and wait 6 months for.
I'm a fair sized boy, 5'10 about 225. I carry at about 3:30.
MSgt USAF (Ret)
Welcome aboard! And thanks for your service!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.