Re: Whats yer favorite...
Originally Posted by woolleyworm
Details and recipe please if you have it !
My favorite cake is carrot cake. Not much of a cake person though; I prefer ice cream, especially home-made.
She bought, or made a fruit cake, and placed it in a cake keeper after basting it well with peach brandy. The basting was done about every other day, or so, for up to two months. Be liberal with the basting sause! Keep it sealed in the keeper. When it's cut it is soft, and moist. The peach brandy just brings out the flavor of all the other fruit. Once cut, basting with more peach brandy is required before the cake is placed back in the keeper. This will assure that the fruit cake doesn't dry out. Once the cake has been eaten, you no longer have a reason to keep the peach brandy, so, drink up!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
Last edited by carver; 09-29-2012 at 03:25 AM..