Re: Shotgun Choke question
Welcome to the forum!
Improved cylender is wide open, no choke at all, it will shoot anything, but is best at shooting slugs, and Buck shot. Think about a home defence shootgun, short barrel, IC. It won't hold bird shot to a tight pattern for anything past 35 yds.
Modified choke is between IC, and Full. It's also good with just about anything, but has a tendency to squeeze slugs, and that causes them to not shoot so straight. Works well with bird shot at longer ranges, out to around 45yards, and better, but won't hold the pattern that full will give you. It's good for dove, quail, squirrels, and other things.
Full choke is considered the best for bird hunting, like ducks, and geese, where you will probably be shooting the longest distances. You can shoot slugs, and buck shot thru a full choke, but it is not recomended.
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.
Last edited by carver; 09-29-2012 at 07:11 AM..