Re: First new rifle in...decades.
Originally Posted by Charles Christensen
I have tended to be more interested in handguns and when I went to an auction last Saturday I was interested in a s&w .38 special snubby - I think it may have been an early Chief's Special - and a SS Colt Combat Commander. Unfortunately, both went a bit higher than I was willing to go. But, they got to the last rifle and I had been looking at it so I threw out a couple of bids - just to keep the rest of the yahoo's honest. If anyone had made one more bid they would have had it.
Today, the next Saturday, I am going to the gun dealer that handled the legalities to pick up my Marlin 444. It looked to be in mint condition - not a scratch on it. The checkering is so sharp it hurts the hands. The action is tight as a drum. It is possible that it has never been fired outside the factory. The bid was $425 for a total of $487.50 after buyers premium and FFL fee.
I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It seems inappropriate for squirrels.
Charles, we do have a buy/sell forum here at TFF. You nevre know, someone might be looking for that gun!
Y'all be safe now, ya hear!
Lamentations Chapter 5:
1. Remember, O LORD, what is come upon us: consider, and behold our reproach.
2. Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
3. We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers [are] as widows.
5. Our necks [are] under persecution: we labour, [and] have no rest.
16. The crown is fallen [from] our head: woe unto us, that we have sinned!
21. Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.