Spicy Pheasant & Patsa Soup
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- cracked red pepper
- chili powder
- crushed garlic
- spice islands "italian herb" seasoning
- quart or more chicken broth
- 4-6 cups pasta (salad & rotini) (pre-cooked)
- 3-4 cups pheasant chopped (or chicken) (pre-cooked)
- 1 onion diced, microwaved on high 1-2 mins to soften up
- optional: rice or barley (cut down on pasta if adding)
- optional: veggies (1 or more): diced celery, peas, corn, green onion (ive tried it with all of them and its very good).
Pour broth into semi-large pot. Add italian herb seasoning, enough to where the pot is half covered on the top. Add 2 pinches blk. pepper, pinch salt, 2 pinches red pepper, 1 pinch chili powder, 1 1/2 to 2 cloves crushed garlic, finally 4 pinches cayenne pepper (you want the broth to take on a reddish color). Microwave the onion (and celery if you are using it) covered (to steam and soften up), add it to broth along w/ any other veggies you are using. Add pheasant (or chicken), add pasta and any other ingredients, stir well for 2 minutes on medium high, turn on medium and simmer for 4-7 minutes, then turn off or on low when serving. Serves 4+ . Double everything if serving more than that. I love this recipe, reheats nicely the next day too!