So: Ya could use some help. (?)
OK S.G.: First ya need ta set the “course of fire":
1. What is the distance. You said 50 yards: Right?
2. Is it going to be benchrest from sandbags? Standing? Shot over a log?
2. How many shots? 5, 10, 15, 20, 25?.
3. All on one target? (problems here)
4. Are you going to measure group size?
5. Is it going to be a “score” match?
Now, before you answer those questions:” Consider this:
If you run a “score” match you make sure everyone can get the right target .
If you are running a “group” match. the type of target makes no difference.
For a score match, you make sure everyone KNOWS how to score the target.
For a group match, you have the shooters MAIL you the targets for measurement.
If you are shooting a "score" match at 50 yards and you use a single target, some shots will overlap. When two shots cut into each other, over a scoring ring it is difficult to see if one or both cut into the scoring ring of higher value.
After you decide the “course of fire” I would have some other questions for you to help you “polish up” the details.
Rimfire E-Mail Benchrest Match Coordinator