Just for fun, a little World War II trivia.
The pre-war military buildup helped lift the United States out of the Great Depression. In 1939, how many Americans were unemployed?
2) Lend-Lease was approved by Congress on March 11, 1941 in support of Great Britain. By the end o 1941, about 12% of Britainís military equipment came from the United States. By the end of the war, the percentage was 30%. During the war, what is the percentage of food for Britain came from the United States?
3) Yugoslavia resisted joining Hitler in he Tripatite Pack. On April 6, 1941, Germany sent troops into Yugoslavia. When did they sign the armistice agreement?
April 10, 1941
April 17, 1941
April 30, 1941
4) Besides beginning their attack on Yugoslavia, what other country did they attack on April 6, 1941?
5) In April 1941, fearing war with Hitler, where did President Franklin D. Roosevelt sent troops and extended United States naval operations?
6) Hitler feared two outposts in the Mediterranean. He began an attack on Malta. What was the other outpost?
7) What was the German battleship sunk on May 27, 1941?
8) What was the name of the United States destroyer sunk by a German U-boat on October 31, 1941, killing 115 sailors?
9) What German General arrived in Africa and let his Afrika Corp against the British?
10) British and Free French troops attacked garrisons in Syria and Lebanon. What country backed the garrisons in these countries and other parts of the Middle East?
Vichy Ė France