Re: Smelt something burning when using microwave, why??
This is a common problem. Apparently something was burnt in there previously and the smell worked it's way into the inner workings.
Some remedies include microwaving a cup of vinegar for two minutes... The house and microwave will smell of vinegar for awhile, but it may get rid of it.
Other suggestions include lemon juice, baking soda with water added, spraying with enzymatic cleaner which is sold in pet departments, or microwaving a cup of vanilla extract then leaving the cup in there for 12 hours.
Hope you get it figured out and welcome to TFF!
Our greatest pretenses are built up not to hide the evil and the ugly in us, but our emptiness. The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there.