PROPOSING AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF ARIZONA; AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION OF ARIZONA BY ADDING ARTICLE II.I; RELATING TO STATE SOVEREIGNTY.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the Senate concurring:
1. Article II.I, Constitution of Arizona, is proposed to be added as follows if approved by the voters and on proclamation of the Governor:
ARTICLE II.I. DECLARATION OF STATE SOVEREIGNTY
1. Declaration of sovereignty
SECTION 1. A. EACH STATE OF THE UNION POSSESSES FULL ATTRIBUTES OF SOVEREIGNTY ON AN EQUAL FOOTING WITH ALL OTHER STATES, THE RETENTION OF WHICH IS RECOGNIZED, ACKNOWLEDGED AND GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.
B. STATE SOVEREIGNTY IS FUNDAMENTAL TO THE SECURITY OF INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, THE PERPETUITY OF FREE GOVERNMENT AND THE INHERENT POLITICAL POWER OF THE PEOPLE.
C. THE STATE OF ARIZONA DECLARES ITS SOVEREIGN AND EXCLUSIVE AUTHORITY AND JURISDICTION OVER THE AIR, WATER, PUBLIC LANDS, MINERALS, WILDLIFE AND OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES WITHIN ITS BOUNDARIES EXCEPT FOR:
1. TERRITORY ESTABLISHED AS INDIAN RESERVATIONS BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES.
2. SUCH LANDS OF THE UNITED STATES OR OVER WHICH JURISDICTION HAS BEEN CEDED, IN A MANNER PRESCRIBED BY LAW, TO THE UNITED STATES PURSUANT TO ARTICLE I, SECTION 8, CLAUSE 17, CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.
2. The Secretary of State shall submit this proposition to the voters at the next general election as provided by article XXI, Constitution of Arizona.
This was passed by final vote and transmitted to the Secretary of State. It will be on the November ballot...gee, wonder if I should vote for it. YES!
__________________ A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. Shane
Nemo me impune lacesset
We recall the case of the Shoshone war band which showed up complete with one 30-30 rifle per man the week after Pearl Harbor, and simply wanted to have the enemy pointed out to them. "We hear there's a war going on and we want to go fight it." Jeff Cooper
I've always loved Arizona. Might need to be thinking about relocating again.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"