FOUNDED: February 9, 2001
If you prefer to make a donation by check,
send an email to Support for the mailing address.
|06-11-2004, 07:39 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2003
An elderly lady that phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called, and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before the phone rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this
psychic dog or senile elderly lady.
He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the
subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring
right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone
number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then
urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to
Which demonstrates that some problemsCAN be fixed by pis$ing and moaning.
SASS #24391 Life
|06-11-2004, 08:37 AM||#2|
*TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: At SouthernMoss' side forever!
I love it! - - -
especially because it makes sense, although I'm not sure how many jolts of that current a dog might actually be able to take.
The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing.
The only criminal class native to the United States is Congress.