Advanced Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: THE FORUM MASCOTT...
A southern *^^ whoopin...
Ways To Avoid A Good Southern Ass Whuppin
1. Don't fake a Southern accent. This will incite a riot, and you will
Get your ass kicked.
2. Don't order filet mignon or pasta primavera at Waffle House. It's
Just a diner. They serve breakfast 24 hours a day. Let them cook
Something they know. If you confuse them, they'll kick your ass.
3. We are fully aware of how high the humidity is, so shut the hell up.
Just spend your money and get the hell out of here, or we'll kick your
4. Don't order a bottle of pop or a can of soda down here. Down here
it's called Coke. Nobody gives a flying rat's ass whether it's Pepsi,
RC, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up or whatever... it's still a Coke. Accept it.
Doing otherwise can lead to an ass kicking.
5. We know our heritage. Most of us are more literate than you
(e.G.Welty, Williams, Faulkner). We are also better educated and
Generally a lot nicer. Don't refer to us as a bunch of hillbillies or
We'll kick your ass.
6. We have plenty of business sense (e.G., Fred Smith of Fed Ex, Sam
Walton, Oprah, Turner Broadcasting, MTV, Netscape). Naturally, we do,
Sometimes, have small lapses in judgment, if you keep reminding us of
The fact we will kick your ass.
7. Don't laugh at our Civil War monuments. If Lee had listened to
Longstreet and flanked Meade at Gettysburg instead of sending Pickett up
The middle, you'd be paying taxes to Richmond instead of Washington. If
You visit Stone Mountain and complain about the carving, we'll kick your
8. Don't laugh at our Southern names (Merleen, Luther, Tammy Lynn,
Inez, Billy Joe, Sissy, Clovis, etc.) or we will just HAVE to kick your
9. Don't order wheat toast at Cracker Barrel. Everyone will instantly
Know that you're a Yankee. Eat your biscuits like God intended with
Gravy. And don't put sugar on your grits, or we'll kick your ass.
10. Don't talk about how much better things are at home because we know
Better. Many of us have visited Northern hellholes like Detroit,
Chicago, and DC, and we have the scars to prove it. If you don't like
It here, Delta or US Airways is ready when you are. Move your ass on
Home before it gets kicked.
11. Yes, we know how to speak proper English. We talk this way because
We don't want to sound like you. We don't care if you don't understand
What we are saying. All other Southerners understand what we are
Saying, and that's all that matters. Now, go away and leave us alone,
Or we'll kick your ass.
12. Don't complain that the South is dirty and polluted. None of OUR
Lakes or rivers have caught fire recently. If you whine about OUR
Scenic beauty, we'll kick your ass all the way back to Boston Harbor.
13. Don't ridicule our Southern manners. We say sir and ma'am. We
Hold doors open for others. We offer our seats to old folks because
Such things are expected of civilized people. Behave yourselves around
Our sweet little gray-haired grandmothers or they'll kick some manners
Into your ass just like they did ours.
14. So you think we're quaint, or losers, because most of us live in
The countryside? That's because we have enough sense to not live in
Filthy, smelly, crime infested cesspools like New York, Baltimore or
Boston. Make fun of our fresh air, and we'll kick your ass.
15. Last, but not least, DO NOT DARE to come down here and tell us how
To cook barbecue. This will get your ass shot (right after it is
Kicked). You're lucky we let you come down here at all. Criticize our
Barbecue, and you will go home in a pine box...minus your ass.