Have a Marlin 1893 Lever action chambered in 32 Winchester special.
- Marlin Safety across top of reciever
- serial number 395549
- special smokeless steel on barrel
- factory markings and patent numbers on barrel still legible
- stock shows normal wear and dings from use
- no cracks in stock
- action still tight and functions good
- leaf sight has some wear on edges of tang
- reciever is discolored, might be normal for this rifles age
- no rust I can discern
One thing I find odd is on the barrell it looks like it had 32 40 but has been scratched out, so could this have been a rebarrell? Right where the barrell threads into the receiver right on top.
When the rifle is fired, the primers on the cases seem to push out from them, so I am guessing a headspace problem.
This rifle has been in the family a long time, and it was passed onto me.