Out of the mouth's of Babes...
Out of the mouths' of babes...
LITTLE KNOWN MARITIME FACTS
A number of primary schools were doing a project on
"The Sea." Kids were asked to draw pictures or write about their
Teachers got together to compare the results and put together some of
the 'better' ones.
1. This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly ,
2. Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give
you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think
they have to plug
themselves to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)
3. Oysters' balls are called pearls. (James, age 6)
4. If you are surrounded by sea you are an Island. If you don't have
sea all around you, you are in continent. (Wayne, age 7)
5. I think sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like
Emily Richardson. She's not my friend no more. (Kylie, age 6)
6. A dolphin breathes through an asshole on the top of it's head.
(Billy, age 8)
7. My uncle goes out in his boat with pots, and comes back with crabs.
(Millie, age 6)
8. When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the
ocean. Sometimes, when the wind didn't blow, the sailors would whistle
to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eating
beans. (William, age 7)
9. I like mermaids. They are beautiful, and I like their shiny tails.
How do mermaids get pregnant? (Helen, age 6)
10. When you go swimming in the sea, it is very cold, and it makes my
willy shrink. (Kevin, age 6)
A bad day @ the Range, is better than a good day @ work.