Some fun with words this week
1. A calendar's days are numbered.
2. A lot of money is tainted: 'Taint yours, and 'taint mine.
3. A boiled egg is hard to beat.
4. He had a photographic memory which was never developed.
5. A plateau is a high form of flattery.
6. The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison: a small medium at large.
7. Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
8. When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
9. If you jump off a Paris bridge, you are in Seine.
10. When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.
11. Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
12. Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.
13. Acupuncture: a jab well done.
14. Marathon runners with bad shoes suffer the agony of de feet.
[this item was lifted from thoday's Conservative Republican News.]