I am not from Texas , but though this was pretty good.
Subject: The eyes of Texas
In case things get a little tough during the next few months we Texans have a plan.
If you didn't know it, Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union .
(Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848 - - itís the reason the Texas flag
can legally fly at the same height as the American flag. All other state flags must fly lower than
the American flag)
We Texans love all y'all Americans, but we'll probably have to take action since Barack Hussein Obama is now desperately trying to become the first King of the United States.
We'll miss ya'll though, but here is what might happen: King Obama creates the USA into a socialist country, then Texas announces that it is going to secede from the Union. Then, we will elect a new President for the Republic of Texas.
We are fully confident Texas will survive as a Republic for the following reasons :
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. So, we will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry -- we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.
4.. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don't know. Better check with Comrade Obama.
5. Natural Gas - again, we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore could possibly figure out a way to keep them warm...
6. Computer Industry - we lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications equipment with companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, AMD, Motorola, Intel, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Misconduct, Dallas Se miconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc. - The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care - We have cancer research hospitals, the best burn centers, and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. The Houston Medical Center alone employs over 65,000 people.
8. We have enough colleges to keep educating and making smarter citizens: University of Texas , Texas A&M , Texas Tech , Texas Christian , Rice, SMU , University of Dallas , University of Houston , Baylor, University of North Texas , Texas Women's University , and more..
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force and it isn't restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas we are a Right to Work State and, therefore, it's every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don't like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National
Guard, and several military bases. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook 'em so that they taste good. We don't need any food.
13. Three of the ten largest cities in the United States,and twenty-three of the 100 largest cities in the United States are located in Texas. Texas also has more land than California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii , Massachusetts, Maryland, Rhode Island, and Vermont combined.
14. Trade: Three of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in Texas..
15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don't need to. You see, nothing rusts in Texas so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
For you folks in the United States under King Obama: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only the King will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You having TV capabilities will be at our discretion since the Space Center in Houston controls the satellite communications.
The same is true for the natural gas to heat your homes. However, your King has predicted global warming, so you probably won't need the gas if you can survive for the next 2000 years and then discover the big Global Warming thingy was a political hoax.
It actually seems to us here in Texas that the rest of ya'll in the USA are screwed!
From : The People of Texas
P.S. This is not meant to be a mean-spirited letter............ just a little heads up for you to have something to think about!
Sleep well tonight 'cause the eyes of Texas are on YOU!!