carrying the bare essentials...
hello everyone, i am new to the forum and having read a lot of the threads i would like to add some bare essentials that everyone should carry with them at ALL times.
1. Weapon(of course)...you never know when you may need it to save your live or a loved ones.
2. Cell phone...these little inventions can get you out of a jam in a hurry, however, they can get you into one as well. remember, if you are driving, please pull over to use your phone. in 2000, cell phone related car deaths were more than firearm accident deaths and the number continues to rise as more people are using cell phones.
3. A good bright flashlight(surefire makes some good ones)...these babies are getting more and more popular and they can be very useful to blind an attacker if you need to.
4. a pocket knife...being a knife fighting instructor years ago, i know the importance of carrying a good pocket knife. they make knives that can be easily opened with one hand and you never know when you might need one.
5. kubaton(5" or so peice of wood for your keychain)...these babies are wonderful. not only do they work as a self defense weapon, but they make it easy for women to find their keys if they are buried in their purses.
now, just as everyone knows, when you carry any weapon you are maintaining the responsibility for yourself in case you have to use that weapon. also, just because you carry a knife or any weapon, that doesn't mean that you automatically know how to use that weapon. you must practice, practice and practice some more. however, practice doesn't make perfect...perfect practice makes perfect! i hope that this has given you some insight and i would love to read any other suggestions and comments.