OK so I decided to start this thread based on another thread that we were having this discussion. As JLA put it an I've heard this before, "the dremel is a gunsmiths best friend and weapon of mass destruction to the weekend gunsmith." So anyway post your stories here of bad dremel jobs you've seen on some poor unexpecting firearms.
I'm only taking botched jobs here, if you've sucessfully done something nice with a dremel then pat yourself on the back
I have 2 that come to mind every time.
First, Marlin 1894 in a .357. Guy has a problem with it double feeding (typical marlin jamb) anyway that wasn't what was so funny. On the top of the receiver there were two parallel cuts that were cut in at a angle and ran almost the length of the top of the receiver and they were not the least bit straight or continuous. They weren't all that deep but I could not figure out why they were there. (he had iron sights mind you)I asked when he came back to pick up the gun. They were his scope mounts
and he was using rimfire rings to then bite into the grooves he cut.
Second. S&W 10. I was at the range and they guy was really having a tough time ejecting his spent brass like where he was taking a wooden dowel and pounding them out. During the cease fire I asked him what was going on just to be nosy. He bought this gun used and it was in really sad shape and very dirty. So he cleaned it up and I really do have to say for a cold blue it did look pretty nice. Anyway the inside of the cylinder walls looked like a bad piece of land. The cylinder was rusty so he took a sanding cylinder to it. It cleaned it out but it left these grooves and pits inside. The brass then would expand and lock in.
And last and my all time favorite, fluted mauser barrel done with grinding ball-nuff said b/c you can imagine