Savage model 12VLPS is at the smith's getting punched from a 22.250 to an 22.250 Ackley improved. It is also getting some triggerwork, steel bedded, and some pretty work. I hope it's done tomorrow. I will keep yall posted.
Well the rifle is pretty much done. Only problem is the black didn't stay in the flutes I gotta buy some sara coat to fix that problem. I took two max pressure loads and shot them to foul the bore and then cleaned it. I picked out a sierra boattail polymer tip 50 grain bullet and 38.1 grains of IMR 4895 for the load. I am very pleased with it up to this point. during the break in I usually shoot 2 shots then clean and repeat until I have 5 cleanings. Thats the point I am at now and it is holding a group at 100 that you can cover with a dime. I can't wait until it is completely broken in! Already have the next custom gun started "in my mind"