‘Lock Their Doors,’ ‘Load Their Guns’

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cheesewiz, Nov 30, 2012.

1. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Member

When the local Govt tells you this ....SHTF Already-

City Attorney Tells San Bernardino Residents To ‘Lock Their Doors,’ ‘Load Their Guns’ Because Of Police Downsizing-

The city attorney of San Bernardino is under scrutiny for telling residents to “lock their doors and load their guns” during a city council meeting.

The official explained that because the city is bankrupt and slashing public safety budgets people will need to start protecting themselves.

City Attorney Jim Penman said he doesn’t regret what he said.

“You should say what you mean and mean what you say,” Penman said.

The city attorney said approximately 150 residents came to a council meeting to voice their concerns about recent crimes in the area, including the murder of an elderly woman last week.

“You could tell the swell of frustration was coming over a lot of folks. They did not feel like they could get an officer out as quickly to some of the quality-of-life issues that they were dealing with as they would have preferred,” said councilwoman Wendy McCommack, who organized the meeting and was present that night.

“Well, if I remember right, I told them to ‘lock their doors and load their guns,’” Penman said.

Penman said the city is dealing with bankruptcy, which has forced officials to cut its police force by about 80 officers. Consequently, there’s been growing criticism about the police department’s response time.

“Let’s be honest, we don’t have enough police officers. We have too many criminals living in this city. We have had 45 murders this year…that’s far too high for a city of this size,” Penman said.

The city attorney said it’s important for people to be smart about protecting themselves and their families.

“I’m not advocating that people go out, who don’t have any training, and buy firearms. I certainly strongly caution anyone who has children at home not to have a loaded gun in the house,” Penman said.

“We need to take our streets back, we need to take our neighborhoods back and we need to protect our homes, and that’s what I think Jim was trying to say,” McCommack said.

The city of San Bernardino has seen a 50 percent increase in murders this year compared to 2011.

JUST THE BEGINNING FOLKS !
  2. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Detroit and other large cities are going the same way - downhill. Seems like a big race to the bottom. :mad:

Must not be enough wealth distribution to keep the entitlement bunch happy. But Obama will fix it. All he needs is permission to raise the National Debt limit whenever he feels the tingle up his leg. :eek::mad:
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mismanagement by the city. Sort of like Illinois and Chicago. Cost a lot to get those votes.
  4. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

They will soon save some money by firing their city attorney.
    Speaking the truth can lose your job.
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Crime is bad and so is a communities inability to provide adequate police protection for it's citizens, but I see a positive side to this. The good thing is that a city official recognizes that the ultimate responsibility for an individuals safety is himself. I see this as a positive step back to restoring our right to keep and bear arms. Of course we've always had that right but governments have failed to acknowledge it. The rate of violent crime in a number of California communities is a direct result of the infringement of that right.
  6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Get ready, it's coming.
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I am. Why do you think i havent ben on hear in like three days.
    Thats alot of reloading. And i ran out of supplies.
    So who ever is hording all the .223 brass, Can I have some please.!!!!
  8. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

I had a LEO tell me if someone breaks into my house and I defend myself make sure the perp don't survive. He said yer less apt to get sued and it also means less paperwork. Course I live 5 miles out and if I use the 12 on anyone inside the house then they'll bleed out on the floor afore cops and emts can get here.

OH and defiantly make sure they can't leave the house AFTER you shoot em, then yer liable fer attempted murder:confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  9. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

San Bernadino has been F-ed up for a long time. It was first a haven for Meth Labs, now Gangs. Too much acreage for the police to keep tabs on everything. Now the County Sheriff will have to take up more slack, and they are under staffed also. San Bernadino County is the largest County in California; not just a big city.

I live "next door" in Riverside County. San Bernadino is about 50 minutes away up the freeway. It's the terminus for Route-66.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  10. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Member

Shoot I'd like to just hang out and watch you do that :) now that's a good time !
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Welcome to the jungle we've got fun and games
    We got everything you want honey, we know the names
    We are the people that can find whatever you may need
    If you got the money honey we got your disease

:D:D:D:D
  12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

more like non quality of life seeing she was murdered
    at least the people here know this is where we are at.
  13. SmallCaliberGuy

SmallCaliberGuy Member

Agreed, it is only going to get worse.

Jody
  14. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

The politicians will cut everything except their own salaries and welfare. The citizens need to stand up to a city that's bankrupt and cut the politicians first. I'm sure they'll find better qualified replacements who would do an honest job for little or no salary.
    What ever happened to politicians working for the taxpayers? If they're not doing the job, fire them! Cut their salaries! Cut their health care! Cut their retirements! Quit punishing the taxpayers! Cut welfare! Cut Entitlements! Problem solved!
  15. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Amen, brother
  16. tango1niner

tango1niner New Member

It is HERE!
  17. nstoolman1

nstoolman1 Member

Could someone use this as their "good cause" statement for CCW?
  18. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I already sleep with a loaded 12 gauge beside my bed. I don't envy anyone ever breaking in here.
  19. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

This is the absolute truth, but something that almost no one realizes and public officials refuse to state. The police exist to HELP the public protect themselves, not have the soul responsibility for doing so.
  20. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

This kind of fits into the Berry McGuire's song EVE OF DESTRUCTION. I know its an anti war song, but it sort of fits these days.