“It's such a big gap,”

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nffritos, Jul 12, 2012.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

HOUSTON, Texas — Black leaders here blamed Mitt Romney for the booing he received from the audience at the NAACP convention today.
    It wasn't just his sharply-worded criticism of President Obama's policies, several people in attendance told BuzzFeed: It's that Romney doesn't know how to talk to black audiences.
    "I believe his vested interests are in white Americans," said Charlette Stoker Manning, chair of Women in NAACP. "You cannot possibly talk about jobs for black people at the level he's coming from. He's talking about entrepreneurship, savings accounts — black people can barely find a way to get back and forth from work."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/naacp-leaders-romney-cant-connect-with-black-aud
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I work with Black members on my team. They make the same kind of money I do. Some how they they found a way to a good job. The director of my region is also black. He makes very good money and I am glad to work for him.

It's not the color its whats inside.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

"He doesn't know how to talk to black audiences."

Somewhere out there in internet-land, there is a video clip of Hillary making a speech to a group of black woman voters in Alabama, back when she was running for President.

Anyone that has heard Hillary speak knows that she has successfully gotten rid of any accent she might have had, and speaks "CBS Midwestern News Neutral".

But when giving this speech she sounded somewhere between Jed Clampett and Jethro Bodine. "Weeeee-ell doggies. Iffen y'all would hep to get me ee-lected to the White House, then Ah sho-nuff kin do good things for y'all, my Afro-Amurican Sisters".

That's how you talk to black people, because black people are all morons that speak like Mammy in Gone With the Wind. Gotta talk to 'em on their level - use terms they unnerstand. :rolleyes:
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I like when she was 'under intense sniper fire' coming off the plane... I like to do autographs too when I'm getting shot at...
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

And still, for some reason, all that condescension hasn't woken up the black population that the Democratic Party is not on their side!
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. This has been grinding on me. I've seen it too many times today.

Democrat Party. Not "Democratic", Democrat.

It's like my brother-in-law used to talk about a "Smith and Weston" pistol, and every time he said it I wanted to hit him.

It's not Democratic. They say it wrong on TV. They say it wrong in the newspapers. They say it wrong aaaaallllll over the internet.

Democrat.

I feel better now.
  7. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

I too get sick of all this "you don't know how to talk to...." Like they were a different species. They are people. They all bleed red. Get with the program and get rid of the attitude!

I grew up in Los Angeles where the attitude ran high (still does), and I thought it was bogus for those who wanted some sort of entitlement.

I have black friends, but they don't act like that at all. They are all educated and well spoken. Even they won't buy into that BS, nor associate with it.
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

9. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

The gap is between their ears. The media, CBS, NBC, and other liberal sites never mentioned he got a standing ovation at the end of the talk. Nor do they mention that Biden spoke to an almost empty hall.

I'm sick of hearing black people who supposedly represent all blacks poor mouthing their lives in the USA. Then they get in their cadillac and drive home to their plasma tvs. The blacks I worked with all my life for the most part wanted to earn a living, just like I did. But their pollitical leaders invest in racist banter. Many a black gave their lives fighting for this country from the very beginnings. The current pollitical liberal leaders are betraying them.
    The Democrat Party has turned into a desease.
    in my humble opinion.

fred
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I wonder what they would have said if he started talking like he was from the hood? Or maybe with that down south 'appeal' to ya brutha/sista accent?

He'd get flamed. 'You ain't like us, so stop acting as if you were'. 'Take yer honkey white butt back to Utah'!

He didn't do that, and in the end, I think he won. Hell, he got a standing ovation when it was over. :)

He articulated what his intentions were, and the crowd appreciated it.

Imagine what would have happened if he spoke with a 'less than' attitude. :eek:

The 'gap' lies between the ears of the listeners. In this case, there was little if any.

This was a calculated, bold step for Romney as he had nothing to lose. Sadly, those in attendance are the minority as they are involved and were willing to hear the man out. The rest will vote by color. :(

It's still a step in the right direction. Kudos Mr. Romney. :thumbsup:

Now let's see what Biden has to say. Nothing of substance I'm sure.
    He'll likely make allusions to others, and address nothing in particular.

I'm hoping there's still hope. :eek:
  11. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I of my peeves also. Remember when I was teenager there was a big todo
    about them calling themselves democratic party. They had to start using
    democrat party. This wasn't too many 100's of years ago.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

As a matter of fact, he got thirteen rounds of applause during his chat. I'd agree, he scored. Talking down to folks just ticks them off.