0's Second Term Promises

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by BlackEagle, May 29, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I see where Emily Miller of the Washington Times has an article re: 0's Second Term Promises. For some reason my browser won't go there (seems like I'm getting a number of server rejections from the Washington DC area. I can't get Newsbusters either.)

Could someone enlighten me:
    a. What his second term threats against the US (labeled campaign promises)are?
    b. How I can bypass or get through to these places myself? Would a proxy server help?

Thanks.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

MILLER: Obama’s second-term promises
    President’s campaign doubles down on disastrous policies
    By Emily Miller
    The Washington Times

Monday, May 28, 2012

Follow @emilymiller

President Obama is opening up about what he might do with a second term in the White House. It’s a bleak prospect.

Until now, the president has had to take a divisive approach in making his pitch for re-election. A positive case is hard to make when the public in general is not better off now than it was four years ago. So the Obama campaign’s main tactic has been to instigate fake political fights to drum up support with key demographic groups in his base. He’s done his best to court young people, women and homosexuals. That’s not enough. He needs to secure voters in the middle if he wants to win in November.

At a campaign event in Iowa on Thursday, Mr. Obama revealed a subtle shift toward convincing ordinary Americans that it would be too dangerous to allow Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to move the country back from the extreme left.

“We have come too far to abandon the change that we fought for over these past few years,” Mr. Obama told the Midwesterners. “We’ve got to move forward. We can’t go backward.” By this, he meant Mr. Romney’s promises to repeal Obamacare and Dodd-Frank Wall Street red tape while cutting federal spending and lowering taxes.

Mr. Obama signaled to his Hawkeye State supporters that, first and foremost, he intends to keep on spending. “Now is the time to double down on biofuels and solar and wind, clean energy that’s never been more promising for our economy and our security and for the safety of the planet,” he said.

In 2008, he said these exact spending priorities were necessary “so that we’re not here talking about high gas prices next summer, and the summer after that, and five summers after that.” So much for that; gas prices have risen almost $2 per gallon since he was elected.

He also promised these energy investments would result in “millions” of jobs in green energy. In Des Moines, however, the lines on the teleprompter changed. Now he says the billions in spending have produced “thousands of jobs.” As unemployment has been stuck over 8 percent during his presidency, this isn’t much of a return on investment.

Medicare is facing similar financial troubles. It’s the biggest driver of our $15.7 trillion debt and will start cutting benefits in 12 years, but Mr. Obama vaguely asserts he can save the entitlement program by “reducing the actual costs of health care.” This seems to be a reference to Obamacare, which so far has increased the cost of health care.

Mr. Obama also told Iowans he would fight for amnesty: “It’s time to stop denying citizenship to responsible young people just because they’re the children of undocumented immigrants.”

Taken together, these promises ought to strike fear in the hearts of mainstream voters. It means the president has learned nothing from the failure of his first term’s liberal policies. Mr. Obama isn’t even somewhat embarrassed by his 2008 pledge to bring hope and change.

“If people ask you what this campaign is about, you tell them, ‘yes, it’s still about hope,’ ” Mr. Obama chimed in his new stump speech. “It’s still about change.” If that’s the case and a second term will only bring more of the same, voters should hope to change the occupant of the Oval Office.

Emily Miller is a senior editor for the Opinion pages at The Washington Times.
  3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks, 22. I just got through myself. Not sure what the problem was.
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Should bHo get reelected, there will be nothing to stop him from enacting his war on capitalism, war on religion, war on the middle class, war on those who do not want illegals given amnesty, no limit to his Executive Orders...on and on.

If he sees he is losing the election, look out when it comes time for congress to recess at the end of the year. There's where the real damage will be done, just before he walks out of the door.

You've heard the saying " it'll take an act of congress "? Well, it'll take that and more to undo it all.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

After searching the www, it appears that any mention of 'Emily' and Obamacare has been scrubbed. It seems to have been a dismal failure in the annointed ones attempt to increase his ego

One more failure in the 'throw it see if it sticks' logic. :rolleyes:

Childrens games.

And this guy is the president?
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No Emily, there is no black santa in the white house.