$1 coins - again

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

I got my first one at our garage sale on Thursday. I wasn't sure if I should take it or not seeing as it was the first I'd seen since Suzie B.
    The Government's rationale is that the coin outlasts paper bills and are harder to counterfit. It is supposed to save millions. They don't give a crap about my pants pockets. I don't like it when my extra ammo jingles in my pockets. On the other hand, if I have to carry a purse, I can get one with a gun pocket.
  2. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

The current leadership would prefer we all use EBT cards, and after January 1st we might have to.

Although the thought struck me that $20 in coins carried in a leather pouch could be used much like the old "Black Jack" I once had been issued. :rolleyes: You want my money??? WHACK!

But with out the one dollar bill, I'll have to make sure I have toilet paper with me in the woods. :D

Everybody, get into the hand basket, we have places to go.
  3. crazy charlie

crazy charlie New Member

There's a local drive-thru car wash that gives Anthony coins as change, however all their vending machines and coin op car washes won't accept them. Go figure.:rolleyes:
  4. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I've stocked up on 1920's and earlier Silver Liberty heads and standing liberty dollars.You can walk into almost any bank and ask for them and they'll give them too you. I got a 1895 Silver dollar worth $550 and I paid $1 for it. :D
  5. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

More coins sell more pants and they get more tax money. :rolleyes:
  6. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Active Member

yep, the government thinks "we American consumers" are so stupid to waste 4.4 billion OVER 30 YEARS....but, we shouldn't be worried about the 1.6 TRILLION they spend over what they take in EVERY year.
    Government thinks your stupid and wants to run your life. How has America gone so far off the tracks so fast?
  7. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah bring back a total flop yet again. I bought a few rolls of each $1 coins as a novelty, still in my desk as a novelty.

The $1 bill is a pivital piece of commerce plus people carry wallets not bags of coins like in the pre-paper money times.

Want to use $1 coins again fine but they will a flop again....but I'll buy a few rolls for a novelty, just like a $2 bill. :rolleyes:
  8. Twicepop

Twicepop Member

A note to the government, if you're going to do it, just do it, and stop all the political posturing. You don't care what the people think anyway, if you did the country wouldn't be in the shape it's in now. Ask the dancers at the local "gentlemans club" how the feel about having someone stuff coins in their shorts, but I digress.
  9. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012