1 Eyed Jack, it's a sign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fuzebox40, Oct 4, 2011.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Congratulations on the winn and a big thumbs up to Wooleyworm and TFF for making it possible. I like to think it's a possitive sign in a sea of negative. Keep the faith and things will work out, though never as fast as we like. Be smart, prepair for the worst but hope for the best and never lose your way!
    Someone is watching over you!
    Terry
  2. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Thanks fuzebox, I would like to think so, the other day when I found out I had won the scale my wife saw me smiling, she said, what happened? did you get a job? I said no and told her what happened, she said I hope that all of your luck wasn't just used up, I told her I think it's just a sign of things to come, don't think she bought it, she is somewhat of a pessimist, hard to blame her after what whe has been through in recent years, when she was first diagnosed with cancer they pretty much told her to get her things in order and make her peace with God, some how she beat it though, but it changed her forever, and we have had a couple of scares along the way since, right now we are rushing the doc's to complete her checkup's before the end of the month when then health benefits run out, so praying for the right outcome on the tests,

I have been doing alright, very busy with updating my resume, updating my profiles on the job websites, and my Linkedin account, just trying to make sure my professional and friend network is aware that I am looking, Linkedin as already provided 2 leads, but I have not heard anything yet,

Today things kind of hit home with me, as I knew it would, I have to sign the papers saying I won't sue, or try to hurt my old company etc by Friday, in order to get the measly severence (3 weeks) I have coming, just gotta keep moving and looking forward for that next opportunity,

I'm still humbled by the generosity and the support of the folks here, it renews faith that people are inherently good and caring, and that helps more than I could put in words,

Thanks again for the support in my time of need,
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Sometimes life is a real test and it sounds like you’re there right now. Try not to let it break your spirit. I know I don’t need to tell you that there may be tougher tomorrows before it gets better and I know from experience that “not knowing” is the worst. I can tell you’re feeling it and I can only hope the best for you and your family, and I sincerely, sincerely hope your wife is blessed with a full recovery.
    On a lighter note, like you say, folks are always great and suportive here with inspiring conversation. TFF is a good get-away without even leaving the house. Do you ever read the threads in the Pump House Saloon. Every now and then one will split my ribs! Hey, good luck with all things, good chatting and we’ll talk to ya later.
    Terry