1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

#1 TFF/FUN SHOOT IN MISSOURI, JULY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobski, Jun 1, 2012.

1. bobski

bobski Former Guest

just to let everyone know, on 13 july ryan42 is bringing his family to vanzant ALL THE WAY FROM INDIANA, to be the first one to commit and try to make the TFF/FUN SHOOT MO#1 happen.
    i know some of you live close by, so why not stop on over and bring your shotguns and meet some of the fine people on TFF?
    i started this invite over on my other thread offering a place to meet, but it has a misleading title, because its not until down a ways do you see we tried to start taking names and taking reservations to make this happen.
    so, for all you guys willing to come by for a shoot and hoot, post here, so we can plan.
    now, i'll be in mo. all the month of july, so if 13-14 july wont work for you, thats fine...come when you can, and i'll still be open. even if all you do is come to get your (i was there) pic taken in the club! but why not try to go 25 straight without missing at trap or skeet!
    my home is a fun place to be with guns and fine people.
    click my link to take a look and make a reservation to get TFF @1MO off the ground!
    it is suggested that each shooter bring 250 rounds of shotshells of his choice.
    as stated in my other post, im offering the use of my range facility and clubhouse for free. all i ask is if you shoot, order targets in advance thru me, so i can have them on sight for when we all get there. im sending 50.00 range cards out to those that book in advance. it gives you 250 targets (10 games) and 1 free one. pm me about details. sorry, there wont be refunds for games not played. if you just come and dont order targets, no problem, youre still welcome, but be prepared to be just a wall flower, because those that ordered targets will get to shoot and if their arent any leftover targets, well, at least you got to meet us, sat in a nice clubhouse, and drink sodas with friends!
    everyone must BYOF, bring your own food. i have a full kitchen, but no real bbq grill for grilling. i do have a real small charcoal grill, but its for like 2 burgers max.
    looking forward to seeing you all!:)
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Looks like a little over 400 miles from here to Gainsville! The wife said OK to a MO trip for that weekend, July 13th - 15th. Looks like I'll be showing up! Need feed back on Motels in Gainsville. Thinking of the Antler Motel at the moment. NO CAMPING!!! The only shotgun I have that will work for flying objects is an old single 12, I suppose that 200 rounds of #7 shot will be enough, if not, let me know! Just remembered, There is an old Browing in the safe that belonged to the wife's dad. I might bring that!
  3. bobski

bobski Former Guest

tell me about the browning. model, choke, etc...
    click the link to my club for motels in the area on the home page that are close. if youre coming up from south, i can see how gainsville is the biggest town enroute. gainsville is about 50 miles from me. sorry, dont know the motels in gainsville. and, i am concerned about what you would do at night. it would be a real long way back to a motel, just to turn around and come back for more shooting the next day, unless of course your intent was to stop in sat, and then go on to other places down south near gainsville on the way home. click the directions header on how to get directions from gainsville to me.
    let me know what i can do to make you trip work.
    and bring a picnic! i cant feed an army!
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

bobski my son and I will let you know by the end of this month if we can make it. We both need to take some time off work. This sounds like real fun. We have only done this one time so we are newbies at this.

My best friend lives close to Farmington MO. How far is that from you?
  5. carver

carver Moderator

What I'm thinking is to drive there Friday, get a room, and then come to the range on Saturday, with lunch, and plenty to drink, and shoot. Wander around some on Sunday on the way home, we both have DR appointments for Monday. That old Browning is from my FIL, a 12 ga, auto shot gun. It was not taken care of, but I want to know more about it. The sr# is located on the bottom in front of the load port, and as best I can make out is a 3, or 8M, with the numbers 11714 below. It has a FN buttstock cap on it. It has the round, and checkered pistol grip on it. Could care less about the value really, but want to know what it is. There is a lever on the left side of the receiver up front, what's it for?
  6. bobski

bobski Former Guest

you have whats known as a standard grade browning auto 5. the lever is a magazine cut off, so you can shoot 1 shot and still have 4 in the mag without it reloading automatically. it comes in handy if you are bird hunting with 9 shot and you have one loaded. and a deer walks in view. you flip the lever. eject the 1 round, and throw in a slug, and the bird shot stays in the mag, while you bag a deer. then flip the lever and cycle 4 rounds out to the ground. by all means bring it. make sure you bring a cleaning kit. we will look it over and inspect it for good condition.
    how long is the bbl?
    look on the bbl for markings like this...

**S
    **-
    *-

see any?

your gun was made in 63. it cant be a 8, because your gun would have a square grip, not rounded.
    i can assure you youll enjoy shooting it much more than that single barrel mule. they kick like one!
    hope this helps.
  7. bobski

bobski Former Guest

gvw3, farmington is in the lead belt south of st louis along the mississippi's trek south. historically its where all of america gets its raw lead supply for making ammo.
    you would be n.e. of us. i'd gather about 3 hours from my place. from farmington, youd come down south on 67/60/63 and cut west on 14 in west plains. go to W turn right. turn right on AH. see directions on my website under.....(guess) :>
    bring your friend!
  8. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Active Member

Bobski if I can afford the trip in my old beater and borrow a shotgun from my ol man then I'll be there. Don't look like its that far from me. I'm bout two hrs west of Springfield. Unfortunately I can't commit 100% cuz of other issues but THANK YOU FOR THE INVITE!!!
  9. bobski

bobski Former Guest

im 2 hrs east of springfield. let me know if you can come. we'll be there all month, so if you cant make the 13th weekend, come anytime you want up 'till 31 july.
  10. bobski

bobski Former Guest

hey carver, does the wife shoot?
  11. carver

carver Moderator

Not with much that's larger than .22. She likes the small pistols, and rifles, but draws the line at anything that has much recoil.
  12. bobski

bobski Former Guest

any luck on my questions about the browning? scroll up to post 6.
    carver, on the antler motel website, if you look at the attractions, youll see all the mills. second line down on the right, is the rockbridge mill. THATS where the rockbridge trout/game ranch is. the mill is now the saloon.
    now, keep in mind, the antler may be cheaper than rockbridge, so keep it on the radar for consideration. dont be fooled. gainsville is a really REALLY small town. its a about an hour from us. take 181n out of gainsville to N turn left, take to 95 turn right,(if you had gone straight 3 more miles, youd be in rockbridge) but turn right on 95 and cross the creek, keep going to 14e turn right. left on W, right on AH.
    remember, youll be in the ozarks. lots of twisty roads. drive safely and watch for deer crossings at anytime.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  13. carver

carver Moderator

Thank you! We spend a lot of time in the Ozarks every year. The creek that runs thru the mill is called Bryant creek, probably named after one of my reletives! We try to avoid crowds, and places that cost a lot of money. This gives us the ability to move around when we want to, and more money for the things that we might want to do, or bring home!
    Myles "Carver" Bryant
  14. bobski

bobski Former Guest

then by all means, youll like my place. its as quiet as it gets.
    so, did you find any marks on that browning?
  15. bobski

bobski Former Guest

ok gang. the time line is closing in. if you havent ordered your targets, you need to pm me and get your targets paid for, before i leave for mo. i will have them delivered for us and have them on site. i need your commitments if you can. as mentioned, come with 250 rounds of your choice. thatll give you 10 games. and once we get rolling, itll go fast. so pm me about getting your receipts sent to you in the form of a range card with your name on it. i'll mail it to you when i get your deposit for targets. once the targets get ordered, its firmed up. i have range #2 reserved for TFF. thanks.