#1 TFF/FUN SHOOT IN MISSOURI, JULY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobski, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Bacon Buddy1

Bacon Buddy1 New Member

Thanks for having us I'm gvw3 son i cant wait to learn more about clay shooting
  2. bobski

bobski Former Guest

the more people cancel, the more time you guys get to shoot! itll be the best black and blue youll ever get!
  3. JLA

JLA Moderator

I know Keller. They built a Cabelas just north of keller off I35. too bad you moved away. Im only about 30 minutes southwest of Keller.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

take some pictures of Mo. so i can see what it looks like
  5. bobski

bobski Former Guest

beth, i got some on the website under 'our cozy range' and 'customer snapshots.'
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

hey Bacon want a picture of u shooting fella
  7. bobski

bobski Former Guest

8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

gvw's son
  9. bobski

bobski Former Guest

were you missing a question mark?
    it just sounded like youre offering to show him a pic of someone named fella.
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

GW is going to take a picture of bacon his son shooting
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Part of the trip form Gainsville, to the range is a 25 mile strech of Hwy 181, this is a fun road to drive. Lots of big hills, and curves. It is not like the TX hill country, but just as fun, nor is it a larger version of the "Tail of the Dragon", but I've made 4 passes across it so far, and I like it! Was real surprised at how the Accent handled the hills, and curves! This little car will scat if you put your foot in it, and it holds the roads in the curves like you wouldn't believe!
  12. reflex1

reflex1 Active Member

I attended the shoot today as a spectator - met some new friends - Ryan42 and his son, GV?? and son Bacon Buddy, Tireman and wife, Bobski and wife, and Leroy (just happens to live here in Jacksonville, AR - also talked with Caver and his wife, both of whom I met last year in Texas - none of those that shot (other than Bobski) knew what they were doing :D

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting and conversing with everyone - perhaps next year I will do some shooting.

PS to those at the shoot - Patty and I made it home safely.
  13. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

I was a non-shooter today also. Darn, darn and drat!!! My shoulder is pretty torn up and can't raise my left arm as high as my shoulder so it kinda cut me out of any longarm shooting.

BUT, I can tell you it was a great meet! The guys who were shooting all had a blast (pun recognized :rolleyes:). I wanted to get out there - probably because I thought I could shoot better than they could - but then again I haven't done any shotgunning in years so it was most likely all wishful thinking on my part.

It was an all-day affair. The weather was perfect - cloudy, comfortably warm but NOT hot, a cooling breeze that was gentle enough that the shooters hardly knew it was moving their shot around, a couple of trees providing beautiful shade. (HOW did you arrange all that, Bobski?)

It lacked only a few things to make it completely perfect:

1. I needed to be able to mount a gun and shoot. (Sorry, but I'm not finished pouting about that yet)

2. More shooters should have been there. Here it is right smack dab in the middle of the country and ......

3. Plans should be made to make this a regular recurring event. I have suggested this one should be called the MISSOURI GUNFIGHT #1. The one next year would be MISSOURI GUNFIGHT II, followed by III, IV and so on - growing larger every year.

Good job, Bobski, a fine, fine piece of work.

(By the way, if you were not there and your ears were burning, it is because we were talking about you!)

BullShoot (Still filled with regrets and anxiously awaiting next year!!!
  14. carver

carver Moderator

Yeah, it was an all day shoot, and what a BLAST! It was the first time I had ever shot at those clay birds, and though the fly in a straight line, they were fast! I predicted that one of the two young fellas would win right off. We started at 9AM, and I had to drop out at 4PM, feet, and legs just gave out. Bob should post scores sometime today. Bacon Buddy1, George IV, was the winner. What a fine young man! GVW3 should be really proud of him. I was really happy to see him win! Ryan, and his son did extremly well considering that both of them are new to shooting. I think everyone learned that you don't just point a shotgun, it has to be on target! Pictures by the ton, will be posting some when I get home tomorrow. Bob did an outstanding job with this shoot, and every one that missed it missed a really good time! His range is small, but has all the things that make it personal! Thanks Bob!
  15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It was great to meet the guys from the forum at the range. Most fun I have had in a long time. What a beautiful facility bobski has setup here. What a beautiful location.

The 1000 mi round trip was will worth it for training from a World Class clay shooter like bobski. He knows everything there is to know about the sport.

Beth here are a few shots of my son bacon buddy.

TFF winner.JPG

boski working with bacon buddy.

Bud-Bobski.JPG

:):):)
  16. gvw3

Here we are on the trap range.

gvw3, bacon buddy, carver, ryan42, Brandon.

trap 1.JPG

trap 2.JPG

:)
  17. gvw3

I missed Brandon on these pix. At 13 he shot all day. He then shot 2 extra rounds when the old guys were wore out. Good showing Brandon.

Brandon.JPG

:):):)
  18. carver

carver Moderator

We pulled in to the yard at 6PM, home safe, and sound! Laua said she had a good time visiting with everyone, and we spent our 22nd anniversary on the road, just like we like it!
  19. JLA

JLA Moderator

Glad yall got home safe Myles. Give Miss Laura a big ol hug fer me.
  20. bobski

bobski Former Guest

what a time!
    i dont even know where to begin!
    i'll let you all post first while i think!