#1 TFF/FUN SHOOT IN MISSOURI, JULY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobski, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Got home just in time Im getting ready to go to the hospital they just took my wife away in an ambulance.Ill post later
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Prayers for your wife Ryan! Keep us posted as you can.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

Beth wanted to see some pictures of MO, so here is a few pictures for Beth. The last two shots was the view we had form the range. The white stake in the last picture is part of the range.

Attached Files:

4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ryan42 we are prying for your wife right now. I could see your back was hurting you over the shoot so don't worry about your score. I was just trying to keep up with all you guys.

We had to take off early so we couldnt see you before we left. I had to get back so I can get to work. As a matter of fact I am at work now. Hope your back is better....
  5. carver

carver Moderator

I'll have to let Bob tell you what all we shot, I do know there was Skeet, Trap, and Olympic Skeet, along with a few others. I have shot Dove, Ducks, Quail, and Pheasants in my life, but skeet, and trap, is no where near the same. These clay pigeons are about 3, or 4" in diameter, and they are shot form the automated throwers at 60mph! A Dove in flight has a wing span of around 6, to 8", making it easily twice as large as these clays. A dove might could reach a speed of 60mph, but I've never seen one going anywhere near that fast! Ducks are usually shot as they come in to land on your decoys, and they have a wing span of well over 1 foot, and moving slow! Just because you are a bird hunter, don't think that shooting these clays will be easy, it ain't! They are fast! A lot faster than I am! A few shots of the group at work! The first shot is Bob showing us the ropes!

Attached Files:

6. carver

carver Moderator

A few more!

Attached Files:

7. carver

carver Moderator

The last pic is the 1st squad to shoot. The second squad consisted of Tireman only, due to the fact that he arrived a little late. The shooter is George IV, aka Bacon Buddy1. The fat old fart in the cammo is me. Ryan42 in the white T shirt to my right, then Brandon, Ryan's son, a really good kid, and he shot all day! Before we started shooting I told everyone that one of the two young men would win, it turned out to be Bacon Buddy1, but Brandon was right in there with the best of the best on this day! Gvw3 is the last man on the circle, and Bobski is sitting on the bench keeping score, and firing the pigeons.

Attached Files:

8. carver

carver Moderator

One more shot for Beth! :D This is an old Mill on hwy 181 called the Hogdon Mill. The water flows from a natural spring, right out of the rock! They used to let you drink the water, but alas, our comunist leaders have decided that the water, being untreated, and not filled with harmfull chemicals, is not fit to drink!

Attached Files:

9. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I still get there from time to time so the next time I go we will hook up?
  10. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

update.They admitted my wife in intensive care early this morning.She is retaining so much water that it is compressing her lungs making it difficult for her to breath.They are gonna take the water off of her introvenously.I am praying that it works and I just have to have faith.Sometime I wonder what we ever did so bad to deserve this but I just have to keep my faith and put my trust into the almighty.But I have to be honest sometimes its tough.Ill let you know if anything changes.I wanted to put my pictures up but my wife does that sa it will have to wait.
  11. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ryan you didn't do anything to deserve this. Some of the best people I have know over the years have had the worst problems. It's just the way the cards fall.

God has a plan for all of us. I think we are only here to learn.
  12. bobski

bobski Former Guest

great pics!

thanks for all the nice kind words folks.

hang in there ryan. God is still on the throne.
  13. bobski

bobski Former Guest

14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

For sure Ryan. Dinner is on me.

Prayers for your wife, you and your family. Hang in there.
  15. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

Looks like everybody had a great time. Prayers are with you and your wife Ryan.