10-22 jamming problems?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by johnlives4christ, Apr 30, 2008.

1. tenbears

tenbears New Member

Yes, shooting clean burning ammo and with copper plated bullets makes allot of difference. But if possible, stay away for cheaper bulk ammo for semi-autos only. I understand that's not always a problem, but some weapons are just like a woman, finicky.
  2. Like2angle

Like2angle New Member

I bought a Kidd extractor, bolt buffer, bolt release, and cocking assembly. Not too difficult to install and the results have been amazing. No more jams my Ruger 10/22 operates smoother and quiter. I am not supporting any paticular parts maker, just saying what worked for me.
  3. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

4. FW!

FW! New Member

I have 2 10/22's, one I bought in 1992. I have never had any problem with it. I haven't cleaned it except for a bore snake in abt 6 years. The only .22 I have had trouble with was a Savage MKII failing to eject. It was caused by the Wolf lube building on the extracter. Clean ed the bolt face & it has never had any problem since.
  5. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

I have 2 10/22's that were purchased in the early '70s never had any problems with ejecting except when using shot shells then have to cycle manually.. ( also shorts) and lots of different brands, but other wise never any problems with them, and they have had lotsss of use, kids, grandkids,great grandkids and their friends. must be a problem with the later models ??
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

I had a similar issue this past year and posted a bunch on it. i didn't find this thread, but had the same issue with the magazines. for my 10/22 it was a two-fold problem. made the magazine mods and the spent brass still dropped onto the magazine and sometimes would fail to full eject. then dropped in a new extractor and it worked. i did try one of my mags that hadn't been moded yet and still had some eject issues but they were greatly reduced.

so, like i stated, it took two mods to fix my problem
  7. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Active Member

I've probably fired 5k rounds through my 10/22 at this point. I've had this happen (bolt catches an empty casing on the way out) maybe 6-8 times total. Something like 75% federal bulk and 25% mixed Aguila hypervelocitys. All through either the original black 10-round factory mag or 2 clear anniversary 10 round factory mags. I just figured it was a sheer lucky catch by the bolt of a spent casing that just happened to box around the port on the way out. Very interesting to hear it's a real problem on some.
  8. ms6852

ms6852 New Member