10 Gauge BP Blanks

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Bill Wright, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Bill Wright

Bill Wright New Member

I have a Winchester signal Cannon that fires 10Gauge blanks.
    I want to reload the empties.I thought at one time LEE made a little hand loader kit. I can't seem to find one. What I want to do is reload the shells without having to invest in a whole bunch of new equipment.
    The equipment I have now is a MEC setup for 12ga,a Dillon progressive and a couple old Pacific presses can you help me get started?
  2. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Get a block of wood, a wood dowel that just fits inside the shell,a punch to remove primers(an old nail will work) and a hammer. Drill a hole in the wood block, place shell with old primer over hole and punch it out. Place new primer on block, place shell over primer and with dowel inside shell lightly tap dowel with hammer until primer is seated. Now put you powder charge in and whatever wads you use with your blank loads. Seat them using dowel and hammer again. You can run a thin bead of Elmer's glue around the edge of the top wad or card to make it waterproof and keep the load from separating.