10 Guns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jeff Tea, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Jeff Tea

Jeff Tea New Member

Just bought this lot from an old timer down the street. Harrington and Richardsons, (1) Smith and Wesson, (1) unknown, Colt .45 frame and slide.
    I think (2) of the H&R are shooters. One in .32 S&W CTGE and the other in .38 S&W. (2) Errasati .25ACP Ruby type pistols that function.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Tea

Jeff Tea New Member

Forgot to mention the Meriden, and the Lee Arms Red Jacket #4 in .32 rimfire
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

A ready-made collection but individually, none are worth much. Even the S&W (if it is an S&W and not a Spanish copy) is in poor condition and missing the thumb piece.

The frame and slilde may have some value depending on whose they are, but it will take a fair amount of cash to build them into a working gun. The small folding trigger revolver and the small auto pistols might bring $70 apiece if they work. The other revolvers would range from $75 to maybe $150 depending on condition and functionality.

Jim
  4. Jeff Tea

Jeff Tea New Member

Frame and Slide are by Colt. Has Property of the United States Government stamped on it. I agree that a build up would cost a lot. The two H&R in the middle bottom of the picture function well. Timing is good and each retains about 95% of the original finish. Not looking to resell these. I just love old guns.
    Thank you for the assessment Jim.
  5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The blued top break does not have any original finish. It has been reblued.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

You got your 200$ back and a bunch more:). If in good shape the 1911 frame and slide will go for more than 200, and depending on the markings maybe for a bit more to those that try and put all original parts on their US property 45's.
  7. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Definitely got your $200 worth. I would have easily bought them all for that. None of the revolvers are very high value, but you should be able to get 300 for them if you sell them individually - maybe a little more. Another thing to think about them is selling some of them as parts - $5 for a spring etc. Do that and you can easily get more - just the barrels for those H&R's cost around $35 if you try to buy one to replace the one on a gun that needs it. I wouldn't mind one of those .32 S&W's if you'd like to sell one. I have a US Revolver .32 that functions well and I have ammo also.

One of our other TFF members not too far from me down in Utah restores these old pistols as a hobby. I'm sure he'd like one also.

If you would like to sell a couple of them, please do let me know. I'll talk with my 'neighbor' TFF member also. He lives about 185 miles from me. Also, he has a C&R FFL so they can be shipped directly to him.