10 years ago today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sting75ray, Aug 21, 2011.

1. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

August 20th 2001 my Dad got his kidney transplant and we were able to have him around for another 9 1/2 years to make more memories. I would give anything if he were still here today to make more. September always meant evenings sitting on a local farm pond shooting dove with Dad. It will not be the same without him sitting there next to me this dove season.
  2. Mr.Woodsmaster

Mr.Woodsmaster New Member

Sorry to hear that.
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss and the emptiness left behind. The 9 1/2 years was a great gift that some never get. It's always a bad thing.
  4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

You - and "dad" got another nine years ! Gotta look on the "up" side ! >MW
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    When you go down to the pond, you think of your dad, therefore he is still with you. I know it's not the same, and I am sorry for your loss. He lives in your memories! God is great!
  6. Artemus

Artemus New Member

Having good parents that love you is probably the best gift that God can give anyone.I understand and feel your loss.Sorry.
  7. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

I know what you're feeling, Stingray. My father passed a year ago as of the 16th of this month. He taught me about the outdoors, something good fathers often do. I think of him when I walk over the farm he left me, and sometimes it's like he's still there. I have a 2 year old grandson that Dad loved tremendously and in time I plan to teach him like I was taught.
    And that's how people who have gone on stay with us.
  8. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

sorry to hear of your loss, my dad passed in 94. I still choke when thinking of him but now i have grandchildren to teach his way of life to. honor,duty,country and respect. words i live by. he lives inside you every day.
  9. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

My wife and I started a gun club up in honor of Dad after he passed away and we host youth trap shoots here at the house once a month. We have about a dozen kids shooting this year and just had our last shoot of the season today. We will have a couple more practice shoots before we take a team of kids to Kinsley Ks for the Kinsley Kids Klassic shoot in September. We kept track of all of the kids scores and will be giving away an O/U shotgun this year for the first place winner, an NRA range bag for 2nd, and a shell bag for 3rd place. All of the kids have a great time and they are all like one bunch of brothers and sisters. I am proud to be abe to carry on the love of trap shooting that Dad had and keeping the kids involved.
  10. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Not minimize your loss, but here's another positive aspect of the benefit of transplants !

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-marine-kidney-20110822,0,1498118.story

>MW