100,000 soldiers strong

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Mar 5, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

U.S. Says Threat of Mexican Drug Cartels Approaching 'Crisis Proportions'
    Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A police officer patrols the area where three dead bodies were found lying in an empty lot in Tijuana, Mexico.
    Two of Mexico's deadliest drug cartels have reached a combined force of 100,000 foot soldiers, wreaking havoc across the country and threatening U.S. border states, the U.S. Defense Department told The Washington Times.

The cartels rival the Mexican army in size and have both Mexico and the U.S. in crisis mode as they deal with what they fear is a coming insurgency along the border.

"It's moving to crisis proportions," an unidentified defense official told The Times. The official also said the cartels have reached a size where they are on par with Mexico's army of 130,000.

About 7,000 people have died in the last year — more than 1,000 in January alone — at the hands of Mexico's increasingly violent drug cartels. Murders often involve beheadings or bodies dissolved in vats of acid.

The two most dangerous cartels are the Sinaloa cartel, nicknamed the "Federation" or "Golden Triangle" by law enforcement agencies, and "Los Zetas" (the Gulf Cartel). They have been growing and are reportedly discussing a truce or merger to better withstand government forces, The Times reported.

Mexico is now only behind Pakistan and Iran as a U.S. national security concern, coming in ahead of Afghanistan and Iraq, the defense official told The Times.

Related Stories Hundreds Arrested in Cross-Country Campaign Against Drug Cartel
    Mexican Drug Cartels Armed to the Hilt, Threatening National Security
    The country's attorney general, Eduardo Medina Mora, called last week for more U.S. prosecutions of people who sell weapons illegally to the cartels, as well as more efforts to stop drug profits from flowing south.

Mexico has spent $6.5 billion over the last two years, on top of its normal public security budget, on the fight against drugs, but that falls short of the $10 billion Mexican drug gangs bring in annually, he said.

While violence in Tijuana is down sharply from last year, killings have spiked in the largest border city, Ciudad Juarez. The city of 1.3 million across from El Paso, Texas, is now the most worrisome of a number of hot spots, Medina Mora said.
    For more here is the link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504139,00.html

OK now is it just me or do you see something wrong with 100,00 soldiers on our borders that are raiding into our country. Sounds to me that we need to inform the southern neighbor to stop it today or we will, if a bombing strike is what it takes then we will use the bombers, tanks what ever we think is the correct equipment for the job!!!!!!!!!!
    Where is the President of our country now, why isn't something being done ?
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I have always failed to understand why the US seems unable, or unwilling to secure its southern border. Given the modern technology and military resources at your disposal, it cant be that difficult.
  3. 358 winchester

But we have to have some one in Washington with a pair that will tell them
    ENOUGH, Back off or get bombed to dust !
    OH that is not PC and the directer of home land security said it isn't all that bad, she doesn't think America needs to interfere with the border :eek::confused:
    I can't say more or I will be forced to ban my own account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Washington? Ha!

I can't believe Texas hasn't yet told Washington to take a long walk off a short pier, and just handled the problem themselves.

There's more than enough firepower in Texas to handle this problem.

The fact is that the Federal Gov't is NOT doing what it is supposed to do for the states according to the constitution. It's in direct violation of that sacred document.
  5. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Yeah, I saw poll results recently that indicated 70% of the US citizens thought the boarders should be closed. What do the limp wrist-ed politicians do, not a darn thing. What do they not understand about the word, illegal? Seal the boarders, anyone coming across illegally would be DOA. End of problem. Sure the UN and some few others would have their panties in a wad but so what.
    oldogy
  6. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Tranter, that's easy; The North American Union

And we can't have any borders in one union. NWO baby, here it comes. :mad:
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    If Texas makes the call, I'll be there!
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I"ve said it before and I'll say it again, we should be able to shoot on sight any illegals found crossing the border. Shoot them and throw the body back over the fence.
  9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

The North American Union came to mind as I was reading this, too. We can't "afford" to alienate (heh...love the root of that word in this context!) our neighbors north or south of us, and most certainly, bombing them and/or shooting their citizens on sight, crossing our borders, would cause quite a problem.

All that being said, it's still absolutely ridiculous that years ago we didn't start securing our borders better. But...hindsight is 20/20, eh?

There is also the image we have of being "the melting pot," "the land of opportunity," etc.; a country with open arms, ready to receive any and all. That's great, as long as those coming here are willing to become law-abiding US citizens...language, loyalty, and all! I wonder what percentage coming over here in the past 10 years, let's say, have pursued that path?
  10. 358 winchester

NONE Or at best one in fifty
  11. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

If you throw them back over the fence you have wasted a perfect opportunity. Stack them neatly on the Mex. side of the fence. This will increase the depth of the fence and give a big "HELLO" to others attempting to cross illegally. :eek::eek::eek::p:p:p:D:D:D
  12. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

Oh, right...Texas. It will give a big "HOWDY". I apologize.
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:D:D:D That'll work :D:D:D
  14. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Tranter, if Washington appears counter to the Mexicans, then they'll lose Hispanic votes.
  15. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Good story, thanks 358. I just dont believe Mexico spent 6.5 billion to stop the drug trade. Not for a second.