100% flawless autos

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rglbegl, Jun 26, 2010.

1. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Please list your autos that have never failed you.
    As much as I live my 1911, some of the range ammo has caused problems for it. I trust it completely with good factory ammo, but it is not 100% perfect
    My P-22 is notorious for jamming.
    Several of my other autos have had occasional problems too.

But my Makarov has never failed me in any way . .. ever.
    No matter who shoots it, no matter what ammo I use, it goes bang every time.

Also my Kahr 9mm has been perfect so far. Even through the break in period

So which of your autos has been 100% perfect?

2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I have a SIG P220 in 45ACP and a SIG P225 in 9mm and both are extremely reliable. I think SIG has the reputation for reliability, quality, and accuracy. SIG makes good stuff.

I have lots of semi-autos and none are unreliable. Some are just more reliable than others. The worst one was FIE CZ75 clone bought in the mid 1980's. It is the only gun that I had to literally junk. It was made by Tanfoglio in Italy who now makes Witness pistol. I have one of the Witness CZ clones in 45ACP and it is a fine gun. So time does make a difference, it seems.

LDBennett
  3. triplebike

triplebike New Member

My Stoeger Cougar 8000 has fired over 2000 flawless rds.

My CZ 75B has fired over 1200 flawless rds.

My Beretta 92FS has fired over 1000 flawless rds.
  4. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

Absolutely reliable right out of the box..

Ruger LCP (3)
    Seecamp LWS380
    Seecamp LWS32 (2)
    KelTec P32
    KelTec P11
    Sig P220
    Sig P239
    Walther P99c/AS
    Walther P99/AS
    Walther P1
    Walther P5
    S&W 3913
    S&W 3913LS
    S&W 5906
    S&W 6906
    S&W CS45
    HK P7 (3)
    HK P2000sk V3
    FIE Titan (go figure)... Hey it was a gift...:eek:
    Glock 26 (2)

Probably more I've forgotten about.:D

Jesse
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  5. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

Colt defender 100%
    Ruger MK3 hunter 100%
    Kel tec 380 99% had a failure in first 50 rounds
  6. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

One that sticks out is my Glock 17. I got it in Oct '09 and use it for IDPA. 100 rounds a week minimum for practice and roughly 100 rounds each match once a month = 500 rounds a month through this gun. That comes to about 4500 rounds since new. Not one single failure.
  7. tekarra

tekarra New Member

No machine is absolutely reliable, but my pre B cZ 75s have yet to have a problem not traceable to me.
  8. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Of all the shooting with hand guns, I've only had one stovepipe and that was with my .380 Makarov and it was either Remington or S&B ammo.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i shoot between 2-3000 rounds per month both centerfire,rimfire,and smokepoles.i have been shooting like this for about 43 years,i did have to slow down when in the marine corps.guns just being the nature of a mechanical object made by man,will eventually fail and i dont care what anybody says.there is no perfect firearm.thats why those of us that carry have a backup.i also carry a knife,it is failure free. old semperfi
  10. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Ditto on the Cougar. I have a CZ P01 that has never failed either, with the exception of some of my reloads, loaded too long(COL).
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have a Jim Clark pistol in .45, it's a Norinco clone that Jim set up for me in 1990. The only time it has given me a problem was while taking my CCW class. They wouldn't let me shoot my reloads, so I had to by what ever was on hand. I had 3 or 4 jams due to the build up in the pistol. Wipe it out, and it was ready to go again. I also have a Tarus PT58S in .380, and a Jennings .380, and neither one of these two guns have never jamed so far. I do know though that if I keep shooting them, sooner or later they will have a problem. If you want a hand gun that won't jam, buy a revolver.
  12. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

*snip*
    True statement. If a man-made object has one moving part, that part will eventually fail.
  13. jondar

jondar New Member

Colt 1911 (made 1918) I can't remember a misfire while using hardball except for three stovepipes when reducing powder charges trying to reduce hammer bite.

Astra 400 (made 1924) Shoots anything I can get into the barrel. .38 ACP, 9mm Steyr, .38 Super and 9mm Largo. I believe it will shoot 9mm Luger and .380 ACP but haven't tried because of possible damage to extractor.

Browning BDA .380 ACP. Made 1993. Have shot lots of Remington and now am shooting some Buffalo Bore. Never a problem.

Beretta 418 (Bantam) .25 ACP made 1957. Don't shoot this enough to draw conclusions, but never a hiccup.

Knock on wood.
  14. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

CZ 75 and 83 have never once failed me, no matter the ammo, reload or factory load, hollow point, flat nose, round nose.
    PT 92 so far has eaten everything and every time goes bang
    Sig 238 after a slight issues with the mag follower and extractor and a feed ramp polish has taken everything I have thrown at it. 500 rounds so far never a misfire, FTF, FTE
    Guess you can't consider that flawless right out of the box though.

CZ75 is a sure thing.
  15. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

2000 rounds through my glock in357 sig no issues thus far, my sig 225 never had a issue and at last count it had 5000 rounds through it, and this is since i've owned it. it was 10 years old when i bought it. but being that they are automatics i wouldn't say they are 100% not sure there is such a thing