1000 once fired brass

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I loged onto Craigs List and found a old gent selling once fired brass. He gets them from a local gun range by the five gallon bucket full. He bagged them up in 1000 qty. bags. I bought 1000 9mm from him for $30.00. Don't you agree that's a really good price? With all that I already have, I can't see me ever needing anymore. None of them are military brass with crimped primers, I checked that before I bought them. Now I'm searching for a good buy on some bullets.
    If any of you North Texas boys know of a good buy on .45acp or .45lc brass please let me know.

Deacon-Man The Maniac Reloader
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

there's a guy here local in WA that sells brass in bulk, mostly once fired stuff. That's all I buy for pistol except when I buy bags of 100 new for self defense rounds in the .357 and .40/.45 acp.

9mm is usually super cheap and easy to come by, $30 is a fair deal for sure.
  3. clepidus

clepidus Member

I get a lot of brass from these guys. http://www.leobrass.com/store/index.php

I used to buy .223 brass from these guys but they seem to only have 9mm brass now. I am sure they will get more as time goes on and they were a great deal. It was military brass fully processed and I usually got about 1200 in every 1000 piece order. The price included priority mail shipping. I think I paid like $90.00 per 1000 .223. http://www.bulletheads.com/

Mike
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That is a pretty smokin deal. I might need this fellas number John.
  5. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

be careful,, i have seen people that do this, great deals... BUT how do u know it is once fired ????? have had these same people try to grab my brass,, which not even close to once fired,, probably 10 times or more!!!!!
    I dont leave my brass at the range even the junk,, as i recycle my old stuff,, helps pay for the next batch of cartridges.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I think you got a good deal, just take a good look at it all and I would suggest grouping them by headstamp. If it's all good quality brass, then I'd keep buying from him.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Valid point, but really doesnt matter with most handgun brass as most of it lasts for dang near ever. Just load the cheap brass until you start getting cracked mouths at resizing. then scrap it and buy more cheep brass.