12-0 In Favor Of Guns In schools!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by WAGCEVP, Jul 2, 2003.

1. WAGCEVP

WAGCEVP New Member

WAY TO GO JT! :D

--------------------------------------------------

Friends,

On Monday, June 30, 2003, 1 p.m., the 5th grade class of Miss Erickson, at So. Jordan Elementary, So. Jordan, UT, held a mock trial. The issue at trial: Should guns be allowed in school? So. Jordan Elemenary school is in Jordan School District where policy is currently being drafted regarding CCW permit holders taking guns to school.

Each legal team consisted of five brilliant 5th graders. Each side presented charts and facts to the jury which consisted of twelve 5th graders, half boys, half girls. An "expert witness" on each side testified: "me" for the "guns in school" side, and a women from the University of Utah represented "no guns in school." The principal was subpoenaed for the "no guns in school" side, but he didn't show up for trial. Rumor has it that he was afraid to go against me :), and theremay be a warrant out for his arrest. :)

After about 45 minutes of intense debate, the jury left the classroom and deliberated behind closed doors for five minutes. The verdict: 12-0 in FAVOR of guns in schools.

The comments of the jurors reflected their fear of a crazed criminal coming in and shooting up the school. They want teachers to be able to carry a gun for their protection as long as they know how to use it, know the safety rules, and keep it out of the reach of students. They also want the "bad guys" to think that if they come into their school to shoot it up, that a "good guy" is going to shoot them back and protect the children.

The verdict is in: Children think that the best way to "save the children" is to let honest, law-abiding citizens carry guns for protection.

Please forward this to everyone you know.

In fact, feel free to write letters to the editor. The Salt Lake Tribune is: letters@sltrib.com and the Deseret Morning News is: letters@desnews.com

Thanks for listening.

Best personal regards,

Janalee Tobias, Founder and President
    Women Against Gun Control
    "The Second Amendment IS the Equal Rights Amendment"
    www.wagc.com
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Isn't it amazing how kids are able to bypass all the bs and get right down to the crux of the matter?
  3. riderbob

riderbob New Member

Just west of " You sure do live a long way from
    Right here

This happened right here in my state and I haven't heard a thing. Mmmmmmm?? Liberal press @ work or what.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2003
  4. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Bravo. My grandchildren never fail to amaze me with how astute they are.
  5. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

How many times have I heard it said or read it in these gun messege boards that the schools, teachers, and the teacher's unions are a major player in the ANTI- gun movement.

Now you all want those same numb nuts CARRYING guns in the school?
  6. WAGCEVP

WAGCEVP New Member

not all teachers are anti gun, Jack.
    The assisatant principal of Pearl Mississippi HS apparently wasn't anti gun , was he?
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  7. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

This reinforces the old adage of " a paddleing" in school.

God forgive us that consider "a Paddleing" as corporal punishment, WRONG!

We allowed capital punishmet to be set aside, for guns in school now?
  8. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

Just a thought. Not much more.

I don't consider myself totally committed or anything to either position on the "guns in school" issue. I do know there's not a high percentage of all the people I've met in my life that I want carrying a gun around my kids 8 hours a day, even if I was there watching them. Let alone all alone as THE person in a position of authority.
  9. WAGCEVP

WAGCEVP New Member

so, you'd rather have your child in a columbine situation where all they could do was hide under the tables and pray they weren't next as opposed to a Pearl Missippi situation where a law abiding adult armed with his personal SD weapon was able to save lives???????????? Makes sense to me? Teachers can't have guns but lunitic kids can??????????? Makes sense to me.
    :confused:
  10. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

or......

idiot school marm leaves her purse in the desk drawer and leaves for lunch. Idiot scum delinquent robbing her purse now armed with 357.

Stop jumping and waving the flag. I said I was still undecided on the issue and as many anecdotal theoretical situations one side comes up with the other can match.

If you want any creditbility it's going to require remaining reasonable and rhetoric free.

Myself, I'd be pretty well satisfied with things close to the way they are. Carrying not allowed with a little bit of a fine and no more than a misdemeanor so long as no shots are fired or threats made. That way committed defenders can carry as long as they have sense enough to keep their mouth shut and thier "business" to them selves with out fear of life altering damage should they some how be revealed.

Yet the scum could get the book thrown at them as habitual offenders.