1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

12 gauge Iver Johnson serial # HTHR

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by RKSmithy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. RKSmithy

RKSmithy New Member

Hello. I recently purchased an Iver Johnson single barrel 12 guage with the serial # of "HTHR" behind the trigger guard and under the wooden fore-end. I have read other posts where some folks had older models that shouldn't be shot with modern shells. I don't want to blow myself up but really want to fire this bad boy. The markings are as follow: On the side plate "Champion" "Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works" "Fitchburg Mass USA". On top of the barrel it reads "12 gauge choke bore barrel and lug forged n one-". Can anyone give me some info on this? Thanks a heap!
  2. Sprint

Sprint Member

RKSmithy,

Hi. Your Iver Johnson Champion shotgun was produced between 1940 and 1956 according to the lettered serial number. It can be safely used with modern 2 3/4" shells if the gun is in good condition.

Sprint