1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

12 Gauge Shotgun - Manufrance?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by AustinPowersIII, Sep 12, 2006.

1. AustinPowersIII

AustinPowersIII New Member

Greetings,

Seeing as how you guys are so helpful and knowledgeable I thought I'd post about a shotgun my brother owns. It is a 12 g semi-auto with an MF logo on the stock and the Serial # is 111439.

Here are the stamp particulars:

- Saint Etinne - Manufrance
    - Chamber 70 ACIER special
    - CAL12 plein choke
    - fucil rapid breveta
    - S.G.D.G. france et etranger

I don't think it is likely worth too much but any infomation, pricing or otherwise, would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
  2. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I can't offer you any detailed info on your gun, but I did own a Manufrance-St. Etienne, made double barrel a number of years ago.
    As I remember, Manufrance is the marketing name, St. Etienne is a state armory/ manufacturer.
    I think some were imported in the 60's, 70's and maybe the 80's, but not in great numbers. There were some very fancy grades offered. Mine was a plain jane 16ga. sxs.
    I don't think you'll find them commanding a very high resale value, unless you can find some die hard French collectors(there are some out there, but most are ashamed to admit it:D ). Parts would be hard to come by too.
    Edit;
    I should add, I had it about 5-6 years ago and only paid $150. for it.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  3. AustinPowersIII

AustinPowersIII New Member

Thanks lead. Yeah I believe this gun would have been purchased in the 70's and it is a plain jane 12ga semi-auto. I thought I had read that the 'ACIER' stamping meant a steel barrel, which would actually make me think about trading it in.

Thanks for your help!