12 Gauge Shotgun - Manufrance?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by AustinPowersIII, Sep 12, 2006.

1. AustinPowersIII

AustinPowersIII New Member

Greetings,

Seeing as how you guys are so helpful and knowledgeable I thought I'd post about a shotgun my brother owns. It is a 12 g semi-auto with an MF logo on the stock and the Serial # is 111439.

Here are the stamp particulars:

- Saint Etinne - Manufrance
    - Chamber 70 ACIER special
    - CAL12 plein choke
    - fucil rapid breveta
    - S.G.D.G. france et etranger

I don't think it is likely worth too much but any infomation, pricing or otherwise, would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
  2. lead

lead Well-Known Member

I can't offer you any detailed info on your gun, but I did own a Manufrance-St. Etienne, made double barrel a number of years ago.
    As I remember, Manufrance is the marketing name, St. Etienne is a state armory/ manufacturer.
    I think some were imported in the 60's, 70's and maybe the 80's, but not in great numbers. There were some very fancy grades offered. Mine was a plain jane 16ga. sxs.
    I don't think you'll find them commanding a very high resale value, unless you can find some die hard French collectors(there are some out there, but most are ashamed to admit it:D ). Parts would be hard to come by too.
    Edit;
    I should add, I had it about 5-6 years ago and only paid $150. for it.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  3. AustinPowersIII

AustinPowersIII New Member

Thanks lead. Yeah I believe this gun would have been purchased in the 70's and it is a plain jane 12ga semi-auto. I thought I had read that the 'ACIER' stamping meant a steel barrel, which would actually make me think about trading it in.

Thanks for your help!