12 gauge single

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gslater56, Apr 27, 2012.

1. gslater56

gslater56 New Member

I would like help to identify and evaluate a single 12 gauge. The markings on it are "acciaio vickers", "canna cromata", "kassnar imports harrisburg pa" and a capital I within a box. Thanks.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well, all I can tell you is that it is Italian, canna gromata is Chrome Steel and acciaio Vickers is what else but Vickers steel. The only other thing I can tell you is that Kassnar were inexpensive imports and your shotgun is a modern or recent import. Best I can do, hope it helps
  3. gslater56

gslater56 New Member

Any idea as to value?
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well, without pictures and some ideal of it's over all condition very little valid information can be given on value. However, Knowing of Kassnar's firearms and if it were a standard working shotgun in excellent condition I might give 75 to 80 dollars for it. That is JMHO and a WAG. If it was a trap or skeet gun the value may be higher. Again with out more information every thing is a guess and by golly. Sorry about that.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  5. gslater56

gslater56 New Member

Sorry for the lacking description. It is in excellent condition, there is virtually no corrosion anywhere, it has been kept very clean, and there is a ribbed sight plane down the top of the barrel, so maybe a skeet or trap gun. However there is very little scrolling or fancywork on the breech and none on the barrel. Does 100 dollars sound like a fair offer to buy it? Thanks
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

If you are buying it and it is worth that much to you, then yes. If you are selling it and someone wants for that price then yes.