124g Lead RN 9mm Load

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by TheRooster, Aug 2, 2012.

1. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Hello all. I have a Belgian made Browning Hi-Power and am looking for a good plinking recipe using 124g Lead RN Laser Cast Lead bullets with Clays powder. If you have one or would just like to B.S. it would be great!!! Also C.O.L would be nice to have as well. Thanks, TheRooster.
  2. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I'm sure your manual will have a few good loads in it.
  4. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Guys, I am not new to reloading. At all. Yes, I use factory data like presented in the link...but if you would have looked at what you sent me, there is no data on clays with laser cast. Also, I have many manuals from as far back as the 1950's and if you had looked at lee, speer, lyman, or hornady, or a few others, you would have seen there is also, no data on clays with the laser cast. I was asking if YOU had a recipe. Just was trying to give this forum another chance....
  5. X Ring

X Ring Member

Any data for 124g or 125g cast RN should work well with Laser Cast bullets.
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Wasn't sure!! Trying to give us another chance for what?

The Hornady #8 manual has several loads for the 124 grain RN lead but just none for Clays. I have four manuals and not one of them have a load for Clays. About the only thing I can suggest is that you try a different powder.
  7. mikld

mikld Active Member

Mebbe there are no listings for Clays because it isn't suited for use with a 124 gr. lead bullet. Personally, I find a load before I buy components.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

LD is prolly gonna swoop in with his 'million years experience' and tell me im wrong but Clays might be a little too fast for the 9mm. Could be why you dont see data for it. Ill dig thru my data sheets and notes and see if i have anything on it. But I doubt it.
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ok, looking thru my notebook in the 9mm section. I have an entry dated sept 2009 where I had tested some 125 gr Dardas cast over Clays. Accuracy load was 3.2 gr, and had notes next to it that it was fairly clean. I cant for the life of me remember testing that powder but I did.