12ga. sxs

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Dan Hawk, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dan Hawk

Dan Hawk New Member

I've owned and enjoyed a double side by side 12ga. since 1974. Due to paralysis of my left shoulder and arm I'm I'm cross eye dominant) I can't fire more than a .22 lightweight and my laser sighted handguns. Paralysis is from a HALO jump gone fubar to the max. A year or so ago the pain became excruciating and firing anything that has a heavier recoil isn't possible. (Yeah! I know wahhhhh poor me.) This isn't intended to get sympathy (try giving any to me then run. It ain't safe lol). When I signed my check over to my country, it included my life as payment. Still does. I'm still alive. Damn, this old grunts mind wanders. I have a 12ga. SxS made by Stevens for Savage Arms. Condition is excellent except for one gap on the forehand I can easily fix. Just the thought of giving it up hurts. I've taken everything from Quail to deer, black bear and razorbacks with it. But, my wife and I are having a damn hard time getting from month to month on her SS and my military retirement pay. Got a 18 year old Grand Daughter we adopted at birth, and getting her through college comes before anything. This old field gun/companion doesn't have worn bluing or rust anywhere. The prices I've seen on new doubles is way out of line. If you will, please let me know what if anything this shotgun may bring. My gun vault runs dry. Except for a few I'm saving for grands. Thanks ahead of time. Dan Hawk
  2. Dan Hawk

Dan Hawk New Member

crap. wrong place.
  3. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Dan, Stevens/Savage made many SXS shotguns. We will need more info, including photos if possible.