14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gvw3, Jul 20, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. Killcreek

Killcreek New Member

Aurora movie shooting

So far this morning, 15 dead and 50 injured as gunman bursts into a packed movie theater and begins shooting at a packed midnight showing of Batman.

The UN Arms treaty is hanging, and Obama and Clinton want it signed so they can disarm the US. I find this incident too much of a coincidence so soon before this Treaty is coming up for signing. Will there be a connection between this shooter and the Administration?
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Re: Aurora movie shooting

Food for thought
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we

If only half of these folks had been armed!
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Watch for the Executive Order it will be coming soon
  6. Bacon Buddy1

Bacon Buddy1 New Member

It just show it takes one guy to make guns sound bad but you never hear about the guy that used a gun to save lives only the bad stores
  7. Killcreek

Killcreek New Member

10 deceased remain inside the theatre 6 hours later.

24 year old James Holmes is in custody, he was caught outside wearing a gas mask and bullet proof vest.

The feds seem to be in control of things there, will he be whisked off to a federal holding facility so that he cannot talk then executed quickly like McVey was?
  8. Killcreek

Killcreek New Member

KRDO revises the numbers to 12 dead and 38 wounded.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    What would have happened if the folks at the movie had been armed?
  10. flintlock

flintlock Active Member

I din't know Colorado's laws on ccw, but if the had been an armed citizen in the theater, this might have had a different ending. My heart goes out to all those that lost family to this lunatic.
  11. buildit

buildit Former Guest

A dark night for sure. :(
    Prayers for the families and those involved.
  12. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Just what we need before the UN meeting!!! My payrs to all them familys
  13. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly....
    Maybe there would have been a chance for someone to have stopped a part of it.
  14. oldman45

oldman45 New Member

To those wondering what would have happened if others had been armed in the theater:

There would have been more innocent victims.

The man tossed a couple of smoke grenades. That covered him from the sight of others.

The man was wearing a vest. People could have shot him and it would have not been successful.

The theater was fully occupied. Bullets go through people and hit other things. People get in the live of fire. People cannot tell where the fire is coming from.

It is easy to do armchair evaluations. This is especially so when you have never been shot at. I have been shot at by shotguns and handguns. The emotions get high, the fear comes in and you think more of getting cover and concealment before you do pulling a gun.
  15. buildit

buildit Former Guest

You make a valid point. I also wonder how many of those at the theater were 18 or older and could even have a CC permit?
  16. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

such a tragedy.
  17. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Colorado is a pro gun state, dispite Colombine and last night's tragity. Most of the theater was packed with young people, those most likely not to have guns, let alone CCW. This very same group may now be very anti-gun opinionated in the shock of the aftermath. Not a good political situation indeed.

In this forum, I always read retoric and "what ifs" about CCW in the presence of something like this. Now that something like this has happened again, there was no return fire. Was someone carrying in a theater full of people? We'll probably never know.

The gunman probably knew they were all Sheep to slaughter.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  18. 45nut

45nut New Member

So very sad. My thoughts range from sympathy for the families of those killed and injured, to fa.lse fla.g operations, to the treaty, to more A/G legislation to rage that no one could kill this bastard.

Looking at the tactical situation, it would have been very difficult to take him out because of the smoke, bedlam, confusion and fear, plus people running and falling down, getting hit by a pass through bullet (which must have happened quite a bit).

My reaction would have been to get my wife on the floor, me over her with .45 ACP in hand looking for a safe way out. Laying low may have been the best option with all the sheep up and running, making themselves good targets.

Don't know what I would have really done after donning my brown pants.
  19. Killcreek

Killcreek New Member

Reported now that the guy had on a bullet proof vest and a Kevlar riot helmet with Black BDU's. He did not intend to accept incoming fire.
  20. oldman45

oldman45 New Member

If one notices, most of such incidents take place where the shooter is under 30 yrs old. Sadly most have a history of being a fan of firearms.

If this had taken place in a smaller venue with fewer people, it might have been easier for someone to have had a chance at hitting the perp. Pulling a weapon in places like a theater can get the innocent gun owner shot by a police officer on the scene. An officer cannot see your permit in your pocket. He knows someone is shooting and anyone with a firearm is a target.

The same holds true in a one on one situation. The shooting takes place, the bad guy is hit and the good guy is holding a gun when police arrive. They see a victim on the ground and a man holding a gun. There will be little warning to drop the weapon and a reluctance on the part of the good guy to do so. It can get one shot. Even officers lay their weapon down after the threat is contained. Many officers have been shot by others thinking the officer was the bad guy.