14 yr4 old shoots intruder in AZ

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by berto64, Jun 23, 2012.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...2laveen-police-person-shot-critical-abrk.html

Police: 14-year-old shot intruder in Laveen home

by John Genovese and Haley Madden - Jun. 22, 2012 10:21 PM
    The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team

A 14-year-old boy shot an intruder at a Laveen home near 55th and Minton avenues Friday afternoon, police said.

The boy was home with his three siblings, ranging in age from 8 to 12, when he saw a woman they did not recognize at the front of the house around 4:30 p.m. She began pounding on the door, said James Holmes, a Phoenix police spokesman.

The boy went upstairs and got a handgun, police said. A man with a rifle had forced his way into the home. He aimed the gun at the boy, and the boy shot him, police said.

The boy and his three siblings left the house and went to a neighbor's house, where the boy called police and his father, Holmes said.

"He took an action that no police officer, certainly no one in our community, wants a 14-year-old to have to take," Holmes said. "And yet he's safe, his siblings are safe, and so now we have to figure out why this happened and why these people were there."

Police were unsure whether the man and woman were the only two involved. There may have been other accomplices, police said.

The man was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in critical condition, according to Jonathan Jacobs, a Phoenix Fire Department spokesman.

Authorities were still looking for the woman Friday night. A description of the woman wasn't available, Holmes said.

The case remains under investigation.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-person-shot-critical-abrk.html#ixzz1ydNwSxsK
  2. Blurr

Blurr Former Guest

Good the bad guy got shot.
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Somebody showed him how to handle the gun and did a good job at it.
    Mike
  4. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

the boy has a good father who is raising him right, teaching him how to handle firearms in self defense... let the word get out to the bad guys that if you want to break in you are going to get a gun pointed at you
  5. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

The kid has a major league pair of Stones
  6. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Good job for the kid but the cops are probably going to grill the dad why a gun was readily available to a 14 year old boy. I don't have a problem with it. It's what kids 100 years ago did all the time. I had a .22 on my wall of my room by the time I was 8.
  7. Blurr

Blurr Former Guest

hell we were taking .22 rifles out rabbit/gopher hunting as children, nobody used to look twice at a kid riding a bicycle with a rifle strapped across their back and a fishing pole across the handlebars.
    Dad was strict, we knew if we did not use them properly there would be hell to pay at home.
  8. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Easy answer for the dad is "Because he knows how to use it"
    Just ask the guy in the ER!
    Mike
  9. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Almost all of us agree with the circumstances noted in the chain of events, but I tend to agree with the previous opinion that it probably won't end here.

Some local/state/fed agency that's only job is to save us from ourselves, will probably get involved. I don't know how large Laveen is, but in this case, smaller is better.
  10. ozo

ozo Active Member

Bravo Son......!!!!

Attached Files:

11. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

ding, ding, ding......the way things are going now.....they may try to charge the parents for not having the firearm locked up to where the children couldnt use it.

I have a 45 cocked and locked..and unlocked in my room at all times and I have instructed my son Cody that if they feel threatened...to go straight to it. I live out in the boonies, nobody should be anywhere around my house unless they are looking for trouble. I friggin dare any LEO to try and charge me if my son finds himself in a similar situation and has to kill somebody.......and trust me, he would shoot to kill just like I have trained him. All my kids know firearm safety and how to use them.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Regardless of any circumstances, no one can come to a residence where a dead person is, throw them in the back of a ambulance, say ' good job ' and drive off.

A person is dead. There has to be an investigation, or a coroners inquest at the minimum.
  13. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i'm glad the kid and siblings are ok too bad for the bad guy
  14. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Good job to the parents. sounds like they tought ther kids right.
    my 7 and 8 year old girls go to the range with me. they have there own rifels and 1911's.
    And they know how to do more then just point and pull the triger.
    teach them young teach them right.
  15. ozo

ozo Active Member

Yep...teach them early and teach them well.....
    correctly into proficiency......:cool:

P.S. It should end there.......
    if any authority has the gonads to face reality.....
    [but the bosses re-election is coming up...we should......]
    [or GREAT! (attorney) I can make some money on this one]
    What a world of greedy pansy-waisted beggars we live around

Hi J and D......how the hell y'all been ?
  16. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

unfortunately, if this was in my state (CA) the kids dad would face some type of legal action because the firearm was not locked up in the presence of children in the household...
  17. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Good Ozo, how about you?
  18. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

That's how it is here. I was actually told by an LEO that the guns should have locks on them, even while they are stored in a gunsafe????????????

But, like I said.........my children have been taught to shoot and are responsible. They have access to firearms if they need them.

Just because some dumb@ss out there doesn't teach his children and is a general idiot...and the kids are idiots...doesn't mean that all parents and kids are idiots.

Another example of a law designed to punish/protect a few that penalizes everyone. Stupid IMO......is also just another way to make ignorant people think guns are evil and dangerous. My 1911 don't bite unless I make it, so why is that the guns fault?
  19. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I hope the law doesn't bother him or his folks. Would DA want to be such a subject of ridicule to try that in a state that is becoming increasingly open to less firearm control?
    LET'S HOPE NOT.

The condition of a home-invasion suspect shot by a 14-year-old has been upgraded from critical to being able to survive his injuries, according to Phoenix police.

Phoenix police spokesman Officer James Holmes said there is no connection between the suspects and the teenager's family.

The 14-year-old was at his Laveen home near 55th and Minton Avenues at about 4:30 p.m. Friday with his three siblings ranging in age from 8 to 12 years, when a woman rang the doorbell. The teenager did not recognize the woman and did not open the door but soon after he took his siblings upstairs when he heard a loud bang on the door.

He then got a handgun which he ended up using to shoot the intruder after the latter aimed a gun at him, police said.

The teenager then called his parents and took his siblings along to a neighbor's house.

Police found the intruder wounded in the doorway. He was initially reported to be in extremely critical condition but police said Saturday he should survive the injuries and could be released from a hospital in about one week.

The name of the suspect, who is 37, will not be released until he's booked into jail, Holmes said.

Holmes said the whereabouts of the woman are unknown.

"We have no clue who she is; we don't even have a real good description of her," Holmes said.

The victim's family is not speaking to the media at this time.

"As you can imagine they are scared," Holmes said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-shot-by-teen-upgraded-brk.html#ixzz1yfpyilso
  20. hjsmith00843

hjsmith00843 New Member

Good Deal. Glad he got him.