16 ga shotgun?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

wsmc667
    (10/25/02 12:43:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 16 ga shotgun?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a long time ago, i had a savage 16 ga auto shotgun... who all makes 16 ga shotguns now-a-days??? i'd love to get a 16ga auto loader... doesn't need a long barrell either.

??

not like i'm looking now, but something that's been buggin me.

=) chris in sandy eggo, p.r.k.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/25/02 5:27:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 16 ga shotgun?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know of anyone making a 16 auto unless it would be Russian or Turkish. Remmington is making the 870 in 16 again but it is not a true 16 it is built on the 12 guage frame. Kind of a 12 guage with a 16 barrell.

I see Browning 16 A5s for sale on the auctions all the time. And Browning also released the Citori in 16 guage last year. They were all high grade and the ones I looked at were $2800.00. That was a one shot deal, they might all be sold.

Ithaca still makes a 16 in the Model 37. And it is a true 16 built on a frame to fit it. It is in my opinion the best pump shotgun ever built. The ultra light model is only 5 pounds. Ithaca is the only company dedicated to manufacture of the 16 that I know of.

wsmc667
    (10/25/02 10:49:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 16 ga shotgun?
    ithaca, huh? thanks warpig... i'll have to keep my eyes open. =)

(oh, the postal carrier should be bringing you a letter soon)
    chris in p.r.k. =)

Angeluslover5
    (1/22/03 2:45:44 pm)
    To who it may concern remington is making the 1100 in 16 ga new for 2003!

armedandsafe
    (1/22/03 9:19:55 pm)
    Sure glad to see the 16 hanging in there. I started with a 16 and it is still my favored shotgun. Since none of my 16s were built in the 20th century, I don't hunt waterfowl anymore. Looks like an excuse to get another one, right?

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/22/03 11:46:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 16 ga shotgun?
    I hope the new Remington 1100 16 is built on a 16 fram and not just a 12 with a 16 barrel. That is what they did with the new 870 16ga.

My dad has a old 870 Wingmaster 16 ga from back in the days when they built them on their own frame. It is a beautiful nice handling gun. He has both the mod barrel and full barrel for it. I should try and get that moved into my gun safe for grouse and pheasant hunting

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.