16 gauge browning sweet 16 repair

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by RickA, Dec 12, 2012.

1. RickA

RickA New Member

I have a 16 gauge sweet 16 that was pass down from my father. The gun and stock are in mint show room condition. My dad let me shoot it a few times when I was a kid and I was always amazed at how well it not only did bird hunting but was a great slug shooter as well, alway grouping better than deer barrels.

The serial number is: S29762. I have two questions:

First can anyone tell me the age or anything about this 16 gauge?
    Second and more importantly, recently I fired the gun and it was not kicking out the shells the way it should when firing causing the gun to jam. This gun never jammed and alway shot perfect. I did clean the gun real good, but that did not seem to help. Does anyone have any ideals or things I need to replace or check?

Thank you, Rick...
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

auto 5 jambs:

1, by chance, you weren't shooting low or no brass , all plastic hull shels with it were you? I've seen a5's jamb bad with them all plastic hulls.

2, if you shoot real light loads and the friction adjustment is set for heavy, it will not cycle.

3, mag tube and spring must be clean of crud or dried lubes that may be collecting crud... over lubing can cause problems.

4, action spring and tube must be clean.

soundguy