??

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hope6970
    *VMBB Staff*
    (1/6/03 1:37:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All ??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone found a buddy yet? Perhaps a friend, an enemy? Anything at all?

Just thought I would check and find out if you need any help from this lost and found department.

Hope
  2. Hope 69/70

Hope 69/70 New Member

The air sure is stale in here.......needs some cobwebs removed.

Anyone looking for that particular someone else??

Hope
  3. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    MILITARY UNIT REUNIONS.

Yesterday I rec'd an invitation from an old unit I had served with. In fact it was the following:
    U.S. NAVAL MOBILE CONSTRUCTION BATTALION 9---. I was serving with this unit on the island of Okinawa when President Kennedy was assissinated in 1963---I had served along side that same unit a decade earlier in the Philippines when we were building the largest and finest airbase in the Far East, Subic Bay/Cubi Point. The composer of the invitation listed some of NINERS accomplishments over the years, including now Seabee detachments serving with the Marines in Iraq. Back then in the 60's, there was a Construction Mechanic Chief serving with the outfit named Ron Bowersox---had heard the name Bowersox in the news this past summer but didn't amek any tie-in with the Chief I knew. I knew Ron had a wife and kids but not much else. Well, if you go down to google and punch in the name Bowersox, young sonny had gone on to a pretty impressive accomplishment---Little Kenny had gone on to be Astronaut Bowersox, crew commander of the International Space Station for quite a long deployment. Made me feel good--good and proud for the young man who was my own kids age. Chief
  4. jerryd

jerryd Member

Anyone here from the 1st Sig Bde? Was in Qui Nhon An Khe,Pleiku Jan 67- Dec 68?
  5. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

Hi Jerry ...

Lot of us here certainly chewed on the same soil around the same time for sure.

"Welcome Home" and glad to see you here ... :)

Six
  6. Hope 69/70

Hope 69/70 New Member

jerryd, you never know who is going to be viewing the board and you may hit it lucky one day. Keep up your post and checking it. Good Luck!

Hope