17 Mack 2

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by lonewolf204, Jul 30, 2011.

1. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

Does anybody shoot the 17 mach2? Have had any problems with it, how do you like it?
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a 17Mach2 conversion barrel for my Ruger 10/22 that I really do like. I also HAD a bolt action 17Mach 2 that I traded off. I really like that little round and now I kick myself when I think of trading it off!
  3. gunplumber

gunplumber New Member

I have a Rem 511 that I relined to 17m2. Drilled and tapped it and put on a Tasco 6x18x50. At the time I had 19 different 22 rifles. Now I own I think only 3 and use the little Rem for everything I used to use a 22 for. It is my most fun favorite rifle, bar none. I have made these conversions for folks from Calif. to Florida and without a single exception, everybody loves them. Getting ammo seems to be the only problem.
  4. lonewolf204

The reason I was asking is I have a Savage that is splitting the brass and not ejecting it al the the time. I was wondering if anybody else had a simular problem?:eek:
  5. gunplumber

gunplumber New Member

Split cases are rather a common problem with this round; if I remember right, they anneal Stinger brass to neck it down. I have not experienced any extraction or ejection problems even in the Ruger factory pencil bbls I have worked on.
  6. lonewolf204

I've only had this problem with the savage. My Ruger and Marlin eject ok.
  7. popgun

popgun New Member

my problem is that here in AZ it's hard to find and not enough guns are chambered in it. IMHO it may be on it's way out, and become another dead caliber.
  8. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I love my Savage in MKII, one of my favorite rimfires.

I had a few boxes of ammo that were spilting but the last three or four boxes have been fine.

Very accurate, I love it the grackles don't.

[​IMG]