1777 Charleville

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Delpire7, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Delpire7

Delpire7 New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Is it a reproduction or authetic. I know it has the brass flashpan but it looks like it was never used. It has the 2 finger ridge. I could go on but the pics should reveal most of the ID's. In case you can't see it name on it is Delpire, Paris. I've done some research and I believe J Delpire was French armorour in the 1800's. Any further analysis based on the photos would be much appreciated as well as value.

Thank you,

Willi

Attached Files:

2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Fist impression would be repo; but do not have enough info to form a strong opinion form your pictures alone.

Are there any proof marks anywhere on the barrel? If so, post clear pics, please.

P.S.-> Looking at just the threads on the cock (hammer) jaw screw; me thinks repo.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

3. rhmc24

rhmc24 Active Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Ardmore, OK
    Would like to see more and detailed pix but from what I see so far it is 100% authentic.

4. Need more pictures and any more markings. Agree so far looks real and not reproduction. IF reproduction, some one took a lot of time to make it look real IMHO from what little seen so far.

5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    General question for French weapons experts. Did the French contract out for military arms or did they make them all at the government arsenals?

I am thinking that the gun in question might have been privately made for private sale, possibly somethiing like the British volunteers or for foreign sales.

Jim

6. Delpire7

Delpire7 New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Thank you for the looking guys. My father is looking at selling it and I told him I would try and find out more about it. I have another Civil War era smooth bore he wants me to find out about. I'll post it today.

Thanks Again!

Willi