1849 Colt pocket pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wildrose_68, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Personally, I think Perry Como could outsing both of 'em.

Don't you just love when these threads go off on a tangent?

Few years ago I brought a 3-disk Sinatra CD to work. Played it all day. Figgered I needed to get it done, 'cause that buncha 20-somethings I worked with wouldn't let me do it again.

Next day, Dennis (maybe 25) said, "Play that ant song again. He's got high hopes".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54yGSDBXdCM&feature=related

Seems like two or three times a week, after that, he wanted to hear that ant song.
  2. wildrose_68

wildrose_68 New Member

LOL! Still like Dean the best.
  3. wildrose_68

wildrose_68 New Member

Powder measure still has powder in it! :eek:
  4. wildrose_68

wildrose_68 New Member

Not too many auctions found. It's a six shoot.
    $2,000 to $450.00, not much help. lol Well, I'll just keep looking. Did find out the cylinder stamp was a stagecoach hold-up design.
  5. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I'd put a rough guess at 900 but that's just a guess. You need to have it appraised by someone who deals in antique guns.
  6. Jim K

Jim K New Member

FWIW, I don't think that "6" was added later, I think it was just lightly stamped. Remember that those numbers were not machine stamped, they were done with hand held stamps, and not all the numbers were put on by the same person, so irregularities are common, especially on the trigger guard where the guard itself gets in the way of stamping the numbers. For example, on an 1849 of mine, the numbers on the frame and barrel are neatly done, well spaced and in line. The number on the guard is crowded, out of line, and with the last three numbers overlapping; the butt number is shifted, with the last number barely on the metal.

Incidentally, it also has the last 5 (of six) on the cylinder and wedge.

If there are further questions, I can check some others.

Jim
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012