1851 colt revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BrickHarbor, May 14, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

but the ip link does go back to hutch 3 g and you have your GPS active ... just a tip ..

i'll rephrase ... hutch has their GPS system active and broadcasting its users to the nearest cell
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I asked for more info and pics because I have seen too many fakes and forgeries to entirely trust anyone or any gun sight unseen; usually what appears too good to be true, is. BrickHarbor didn't inspire confidence when he failed to provide further pictures, and then talked vaguely about anonymous experts and assurances that the gun had been a special order. (Of course it was, if genuine, but who was so sure?) The absence of a cylinder scene and the cylinder pitting seemed odd in a gun other wise so good. Even the fact that the casing appears to be genuine doesn't mean the gun is.

The engraving is minimal, and not the type of engraving I would expect to see on an English gun of that period. It looks more like American engraving. The grips, though, do look to have English checkering, though such full checkering is rare.

But I am ALMOST convinced the gun is genuine, and very valuable, though I hesitate to set a figure in dollars or pounds. One thing is sure; the dealer who told BrickHarbor that shipping the gun out of the UK would be illegal and then offered a ridiculously low price is unscrupulous.

Jim
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

1000% correct
  4. BrickHarbor

BrickHarbor New Member

Ah thanks Jack, you've been such a great help!

Sorry Jim, I've been so swamped with things I genuinely forgot to post up more pictures. I'm going to bed in a minute as its near 5am but I will put more up tomorrow. Any specific photos you would like?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

No worries

i'm in the trade, and sadly its not as honest as one would wish ... and just too far away to do more , but if what your told dont make you happy or want you a second opinion , happy to help that way too

i've had a good look at the few pic's and have my own idea's on it

good luck with john
  6. BrickHarbor

BrickHarbor New Member

The colt has now been sold on to John slough. Thanks for everyone's help.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

No worries !

cheers
  8. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

May we be so rude as to ask what you got for it?
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

No need for any pictures as we are all out of this one. I hope you got a good price.

Jim