1858 Conversion? Help?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by bigboy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. bigboy

bigboy New Member

I'm interested in converting my 1858 new model army (peitta) to cartridge. I would like the ability to quickly switch from black powder to cartridge and back again. I have noticed that there are a couple on the market (taylor and Co., Krist, R&D) I was just wondering which one would be the best for my money. I noticed some are six shot, others 5. Just wondering what the best would be....can you ya'll help?
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

3. bigboy

bigboy New Member

thank you! And thanks for welcoming me aboard....I myself am a former Marine! Semper Fi!
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Glad to help a former brother! Semper Fi!
  5. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I've heard about those, how do they work? Do you have to use only BP Long Colt rounds or can you use factory? Wouldn't the pressures for factory be too much, or does the cylinder handle it all?

And I wonder if they make one for my Traditions 1860 Army....
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hey Polish, they are made for BP cartridges, or mild factory ammo. Here is what Midway says:

Attached Files: